Tenryu River Rhein Boat Ride
Tenryu Rhein Yuusen : 天龍ライン遊舟
Leisurely Boat Ride through the Beautiful Tenryu River Gorge.
Second of 2 boat rides down the Tenryu River, the "Rhein" ride's course is a lower, more leisurely section of the river and includes the picturesque Tenryu Gorge. The tour also includes a demonstration by the guides of their fish net throwing technique.
- Hours :
- Departures 9:20*, 10:30, 11:45*, 13:00*, 14:10, 15:20*
- Date(s) :
- Runs daily year round except 12/29-31.
- Cost / Price of Admission :
- 2,900 (1,450 for elementary school children)
- Time Required :
- 40-50 min
- Reservations :
- Required(Telephone, fax or e-mail with your name, contact number, address, requested date and time, and number of people.)
- Foreign Languages :
- (Please come with an interpreter.)
- Luggage Storage :
Convenient access by car (3 min.) from expressway interchange. Convenient access by train (2 min.) from Tenryukyo Station but train frequency is limited.
Return by free shuttle (except 10:30 and 14:10 departures; use JR Iida line, 180 yen)
In winter, boat heated by 'kotatsu' (table with a heating element on its underside).
tel : +81(0)265-27-2247 fax : +81(0)265-27-3535 Official site
- By Train
- From Tenryukyo Station(JR Iida Line), go left (east) from station, cross the Tenryu River and take first left. Entrance on the left. (5 min. on foot)
- By Car
- From Tenryukyo IC, proceed down 650m to Route 492 and turn right, cross the Tenryu River and take first left. (approx. 3 min.) Parking lot on the left.
- 7115-1 Tatsue, Iida 399-2221
- Narai-juku Post Town : "Narai of a Thousand Houses" -- Longest Post Town in all of Japan.
- Yokokawa Gorge : Picturesque Gorge Famous for Vibrant Spring and Fall Colors.
- Suwa Grand Shrine Kamisuwa Honmiya (Main Hall) : Historical Shrine of the Great Pillars Festival
- Suwa Garasunosato (Glass Center) : Japan's Largest Glass Art-Related Activities Center
- Okaya Silk Museum “Silk Fact Okaya” : Silk Museum Adjacent to an Actual Operating Silk Factory
- Ryukyo-tei on the Tenryu River : Hotel Perched on a Cliff above the Picturesque Tenryu Gorge
- Yoshino-tei on the Tenryu River : Secluded Inn Overlooking the Tenryu River
- Keigetsu in Hirugami Onsen : Traditional Japanese Inn with Accents of Local Wood Furnishings Throughout.
- Hotel Kisoji in Nagiso : Onsen Resort Hotel embracing the history and natural beauty of the Kiso Region.
- Tsumago's Ryokan Matsushiroya : Two Century-old Inn Featuring Traditional Cuisine in Historical Tsumago-juku.
- Yoshimuraya : Handmade Soba Noodle Restaurant in Tsumago-juku Post Town.
- Chuo Alps Tozan-Guchi Meiji-tei : At the Base of the Chuo Alps, Sauce-Katsu with their own Original Sauce.
- Soba Kurumaya : Classic Kiso Hand-made Soba Shop with a 300-Year History.
- Bistro Matsushima-tei : Historical Post Town Building Reborn as Italian.
- Farm Restaurant Tomato no Ki : Buffet-style Restaurant with Views of the Southern Alps.
- Experience Southern Nagano's Historical Past : Hands-On Activities to Experience the Historical Past of Southern Nagano.
- Mizuhiki Lesson : Learn the Fine points of Mizuhiki in Iida, Birthplace of This Distinct Craft.
- Japanese Confectionary (Wagashi) Making : Making ‘Wagashi’ Is an Art – Iida’s Famous Confectionary Shop Teaches the Techniques.
- Tenryu River Boat Tour : Ride the Rapids of the Tenryu River’s Mid-Stretch with Traditionally-Garbed Guides.
- Apple Picking in Iida's Sanwa Orchard : Fruit-Picking and Apple Pie Baking at this Large Orchard.