Experience Southern Nagano's Historical Past
Ina-dani Dochu : 伊那谷道中 かぶちゃん村
Hands-On Activities to Experience the Historical Past of Southern Nagano.
Historical buildings from around the Ina Valley have been gathered and reassembled at Ina-dani Dochu "Kabuchan Mura" which means 'On the Road to Ina Valley -- Kabuchan Village'. Here you can experience Ina Valley's historical past through hands-on traditional activities such as pottery making, silk weaving, and paper making. See various aspects of the area's history at museums such as the horse museum and Edo-era antiques museum. Train ride, mystery house and other amusements also available. In early summer, the village explodes in color with over 3000 azalea plants. In fall, Ina Valley's quintessential scene -- persimmons strung out to dry, can be seen.
- Hours :
- 9:30-17:00 (until 16:00 from Dec. 1st to Mar. 15th)
- Date(s) :
- Closed Tuesdays except if national holiday.
- Cost / Price of Admission :
- Adults 800 (middle school or older), Children 500 (4 years old through elementary school)
- Time Required :
- 1.5～2 hours（plus time for activities and/or meals）
- Reservations :
- Not required
- # of Participants :
- Luggage Storage :
- Not Available
Free shuttle bus from Hirugami Onsen. Separate prices and hours vary by activity and facility. Special set meal plans for groups. Lunch banquets for groups available.
tel : +81(0)265-28-1755 fax : +81(0)265-28-1766 Official site
- By Train
- From Tenryukyo Station(JR Iida Line), 20 min by taxi. Or, from Iida Sta., 30 min by taxi.
By highway bus, from the Igara Stop (coming from Tokyo), 15 min by taxi; from the Komaba or Achi stops (coming from Nagoya), 10 min by taxi.
- By Car
- From Iida Yamamoto IC, 5 min.
- 386-1 Hakogawa, Iida 395-0243
- Narai-juku Post Town : "Narai of a Thousand Houses" -- Longest Post Town in all of Japan.
- Suwa Grand Shrine Kamisuwa Honmiya (Main Hall) : Historical Shrine of the Great Pillars Festival
- Suwa Garasunosato (Glass Center) : Japan's Largest Glass Art-Related Activities Center
- Shinano Wine (Winery Tour) : Third Generation Winery
- Okaya Silk Museum “Silk Fact Okaya” : Silk Museum Adjacent to an Actual Operating Silk Factory
- Ryukyo-tei on the Tenryu River : Hotel Perched on a Cliff above the Picturesque Tenryu Gorge
- Keigetsu in Hirugami Onsen : Traditional Japanese Inn with Accents of Local Wood Furnishings Throughout.
- Yoshino-tei on the Tenryu River : Secluded Inn Overlooking the Tenryu River
- Hotel Kisoji in Nagiso : Onsen Resort Hotel embracing the history and natural beauty of the Kiso Region.
- Tsumago's Ryokan Matsushiroya : Two Century-old Inn Featuring Traditional Cuisine in Historical Tsumago-juku.
- Yoshimuraya : Handmade Soba Noodle Restaurant in Tsumago-juku Post Town.
- Chuo Alps Tozan-Guchi Meiji-tei : At the Base of the Chuo Alps, Sauce-Katsu with their own Original Sauce.
- Soba Kurumaya : Classic Kiso Hand-made Soba Shop with a 300-Year History.
- Bistro Matsushima-tei : Historical Post Town Building Reborn as Italian.
- Farm Restaurant Tomato no Ki : Buffet-style Restaurant with Views of the Southern Alps.
- Mizuhiki Lesson : Learn the Fine points of Mizuhiki in Iida, Birthplace of This Distinct Craft.
- Tenryu River Rhein Boat Ride : Leisurely Boat Ride through the Beautiful Tenryu River Gorge.
- Apple Picking in Iida's Sanwa Orchard : Fruit-Picking and Apple Pie Baking at this Large Orchard.
- Japanese Confectionary (Wagashi) Making : Making ‘Wagashi’ Is an Art – Iida’s Famous Confectionary Shop Teaches the Techniques.
- See and Take Part in Japanese Puppetry at the Iida Puppet Festa : Watch a Puppet Show in Iida, One of Japan’s Top Puppetry Centers.