Yokokawa Gorge : 横川渓谷
Picturesque Gorge Famous for Vibrant Spring and Fall Colors.
From its source, Mt. Kyougatake on the northern tip of Japan’s Chuo (Central) Alps, the Yokokawa River flows down and has cut this 18km-long picturesque gorge. Famous for its vivid green colors of the new growth at spring and especially for the deep reds and yellows of the foliage in autumn, the gorge also features the snake-like “Yokokawa Kawa-no-Ja-ishi” rock formation and the 50m-tall 3-tiered Sankyu-no-Taki Falls. The gorge and its surrounding National Park are worth visiting any time of year.
Nearby the Yokokawa River's Ja-ishi rock formation is a free campground -- a popular place to breathe in the fresh air.
Tel# is for the Tatsuno Town Office.
tel : +81(0)266-41-1111 辰野町産業振興課（Tatsuno Town） fax : +81(0)266-41-4651 Official site
- By Train
- From Tatsuno Station(JR Chuo Line), 15 min by taxi
By highway bus, from the Chuo Expressway Tatsuno stop, 15 min by taxi.
- By Car
- From Ihoku IC, From the exit, proceed north on Rute153 and turn left at the Kawashimaeki Iriguchi (川島駅入口) intersection (8.4km, 12 min), then proceed straight on Route201 for approx. 20 min
- Yokokawa, Tatsuno, Kamiina 399-0511
- Narai-juku Post Town : "Narai of a Thousand Houses" -- Longest Post Town in all of Japan.
- Shinano Wine (Winery Tour) : Third Generation Winery
- Izutsu Wine (Winery) : Winery with a View of the Northern Alps, Surrounded by Picturesque Vineyards
- Okaya Silk Museum “Silk Fact Okaya” : Silk Museum Adjacent to an Actual Operating Silk Factory
- Suwa Garasunosato (Glass Center) : Japan's Largest Glass Art-Related Activities Center
- Echigoya Ryokan in Narai-Juku : Immerse in an Edo-era Inn in Edo-era Post Town Narai-juku
- Oyado Iseya in Narai-Juku : Friendly Service and Delicious Kiso Home Cooking.
- Chosenkaku Kameya in Shimo-Suwa : 300-Year Old Inn With Famous Garden and Bath, Adjacent to Akinomiya Suwa Grand Shrine.
- RAKO Hananoi Hotel at Lake Suwa : Luxurious, Relaxing Lakeside Hotel.
- Hotel Beniya at Lake Suwa : Hotel Offering a Choice of Rooms, Meals and Onsen Baths.
- Soba Tokkuriya : Handmade Japanese Cuisine in and Edo-era Post Town.
- Farm Restaurant Tomato no Ki : Buffet-style Restaurant with Views of the Southern Alps.
- Sen no Mizu : Heart-warming Nostalgic Home-style Cooking.
- Restaurant CLASUWA : Suwa Lakeside Stylish Restaurant.
- Chuo Alps Tozan-Guchi Meiji-tei : At the Base of the Chuo Alps, Sauce-Katsu with their own Original Sauce.
- Working Farm with Hands-On Activities : Fruit Picking, Farm & Cultural Activities on a Full Scale Farm -- Fun for the Whole Family.
- Hyakuso herbal medicine factory tour : Tour the Factory of Natural Herbal Medicine Maker Hyakuso.
- Fruit Picking at a Full-Scale Orchard in Shiojiri : Large-Scale Orchard Boasting Magical Varieties of Grapes.
- Kanten Papa Garden : See Kanten Papa’s Unusual Agar Making Process.
- Lake Suwa Fireworks Display : Watch Nagano’s Biggest Fireworks Displays (One of the Most Famous in Japan).