Awanoyu in Shirahone Onsen : 白骨温泉 泡の湯
Relax in Awanoyu's Milky White Mineral Water in Famous Shirahone Onsen.
Located in between Norikura and Kamikochi, Shirahone Onsen is hidden in a valley deep in the Northern Alps. Awanoyu boasts a history of over 103 years here in this beautiful valley, and the inn's trademark outdoor bath is the perfect complement to Shirahone's distinctive opaque, milky-white hot spring mineral water. Depending on the weather, season and outdoor temperature, the water varies in color from creamy milky white to cobalt blue.
Legend has it that if you were to bathe in Shirahone's onsen water for 3 days, you would not catch a cold for 3 years. And Awanoyu has a 1730 liter per minute supply of this effective mineral water for you to enjoy.
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex
- Reservations :
- Capacity :
- 122 people
- Foreign Languages :
- Room Types :
- Japanese Style(23 room(s)), Western Style(1 room(s))
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
- Not Available
If possible, please provide a cell phone number for us to contact you, as it is common for guests to not show up when they were scheduled.
tel : +81(0)263-93-2101 fax : +81(0)263- 93-2339 Official site
- By Train
- From Shin-Shimashima Station(Matsumoto Matsumoto Electric Railway Kamikochi Line), via Alpico Bus to Shirahone Onsen, 70 minutes. During the winter months, there is bus service from Matsumoto Bust Terminal direct to Shirahone Onsen.
- By Car
- From Matsumoto IC, 60 min
- 4181 Azumi (Shirahone), Matsumoto 390-1515
- Narai-juku Post Town : "Narai of a Thousand Houses" -- Longest Post Town in all of Japan.
- Shinano Wine (Winery Tour) : Third Generation Winery
- Izutsu Wine (Winery) : Winery with a View of the Northern Alps, Surrounded by Picturesque Vineyards
- Yokokawa Gorge : Picturesque Gorge Famous for Vibrant Spring and Fall Colors.
- Matsumoto Castle (National Treasure) : One of Japan's Finest Castles, With the Japanese Alps as a Backdrop
- Yumoto Saito-Ryokan in Shirahone : Grand, historical ryokan featuring Shirahone’s unique milky-white onsen water.
- Kamikochi Imperial Hotel : Built in 1933, Japan’s First Mountain Lodge.
- Tokusawa-en in Kamikochi : Base for Climbing the Northern Alps, or Rest Stop While Walking the Kamikochi Basin.
- Nishi-Itoya in Kamikochi : Foreigner-friendly lodge in the heart of the Kamikochi basin.
- Hotaka View Hotel : Resort Hotel at the Base of the Northern Japanese Alps.
- Soba Tokkuriya : Handmade Japanese Cuisine in and Edo-era Post Town.
- Kita-Alps Bokujyo : Great-Tasting Dairy from Cows Growing in Azumino's Natural Wonder.
- Bistro Matsushima-tei : Historical Post Town Building Reborn as Italian.
- Soba Kurumaya : Classic Kiso Hand-made Soba Shop with a 300-Year History.
- Ajari Cafe : Home of the Popular Ajari Burger.
- (NOT TRANSLATE YET) Hike-in to Honzawa Onsen's Above-the-Clouds Bath :
- Walking Kamikochi's Weston Loop : Stroll along the Base of the 2,000-Meter High Kamikochi Valley.
- Climb an Active Volcano in the Japanese Alps: Yakedake : Popular Day-Hike to a Dynamic Active Volcano from Kamikochi.
- Soba-Uchi (Making Buckwheat Noodles) at Soba Mecca Kaida Kogen : Make Soba Noodles by Hand in Kaida Kogen, Buckwheat Paradise at Mt. Ontake.
- Heritage Horseback Riding in Kiso : Horseback Riding on Kiso’s Own Breed of Horses.