Yumoto Saito-Ryokan in Shirahone : 湯元齋藤旅館
Grand, historical ryokan featuring Shirahone’s unique milky-white onsen water.
For over 270 years, guests have enjoyed rejuvenating themselves in the inn’s medicinal waters surrounded by the lush nature of the Chubu Mountains National Park. Shirahone’s mineral water is a unique translucent bluish white and at Saitoh Ryokan, guests can drink the mineral water. In fact, they have their own hot spring source (hence the “Yumoto” part to their name).
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex
- Reservations :
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (Signage in English)
- Room Types :
- Japanese Style(48 room(s)), Western Style(5 room(s))
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Not Available
- Washing Machine :
- Not Available
tel : +81(0)263-93-2311 fax : +81(0)263-93-2176 Official site
- By Train
- From Matsumoto Station(JR Shinonoi Line), From Matsumoto Station, take the Matsumoto Dentetsu line bound for Shin-Shimashima, approx. 30 min. Change to bus bound for Shirahone Onsen, and take to the end, 40 min, then 10 min on foot.
- By Car
- From Matsumoto IC, Take Route 158 east to Sawando, then Route 300 to Shirahone, approx. 80 min.
- 4195 Azumi-Shirahoneonsen, Matsumoto 390-1515
- Narai-juku Post Town : "Narai of a Thousand Houses" -- Longest Post Town in all of Japan.
- Shinano Wine (Winery Tour) : Third Generation Winery
- Izutsu Wine (Winery) : Winery with a View of the Northern Alps, Surrounded by Picturesque Vineyards
- Yokokawa Gorge : Picturesque Gorge Famous for Vibrant Spring and Fall Colors.
- Matsumoto Castle (National Treasure) : One of Japan's Finest Castles, With the Japanese Alps as a Backdrop
- Awanoyu in Shirahone Onsen : Relax in Awanoyu's Milky White Mineral Water in Famous Shirahone Onsen.
- Kamikochi Imperial Hotel : Built in 1933, Japan’s First Mountain Lodge.
- Tokusawa-en in Kamikochi : Base for Climbing the Northern Alps, or Rest Stop While Walking the Kamikochi Basin.
- Nishi-Itoya in Kamikochi : Foreigner-friendly lodge in the heart of the Kamikochi basin.
- Hotaka View Hotel : Resort Hotel at the Base of the Northern Japanese Alps.
- Soba Tokkuriya : Handmade Japanese Cuisine in and Edo-era Post Town.
- Kita-Alps Bokujyo : Great-Tasting Dairy from Cows Growing in Azumino's Natural Wonder.
- Bistro Matsushima-tei : Historical Post Town Building Reborn as Italian.
- Soba Kurumaya : Classic Kiso Hand-made Soba Shop with a 300-Year History.
- Ajari Cafe : Home of the Popular Ajari Burger.
- (NOT TRANSLATE YET) Hike-in to Honzawa Onsen's Above-the-Clouds Bath :
- Walking Kamikochi's Weston Loop : Stroll along the Base of the 2,000-Meter High Kamikochi Valley.
- Climb an Active Volcano in the Japanese Alps: Yakedake : Popular Day-Hike to a Dynamic Active Volcano from Kamikochi.
- Soba-Uchi (Making Buckwheat Noodles) at Soba Mecca Kaida Kogen : Make Soba Noodles by Hand in Kaida Kogen, Buckwheat Paradise at Mt. Ontake.
- Heritage Horseback Riding in Kiso : Horseback Riding on Kiso’s Own Breed of Horses.