Kamikochi Imperial Hotel : 上高地帝国ホテル
Built in 1933, Japan’s First Mountain Lodge.
The distinctive deep red roof marks Kamikochi Valley’s landmark hotel. Boasting views of the majestic Hotaka Range from the guestrooms, the hotel features both French style and traditional Japanese kaiseki-style cooking using Nagano-grown ingredients. Noted for its grand style of hospitality complimenting the natural grandeur of the Japanese Alps.
- Date(s) :
- Open late Apr. to early Nov.
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- ¥32,400-110,160 (sales tax included, service charge applicable)
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex
- Reservations :
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (English-speaking staff available. Signage in English.)
- Room Types :
- Western Style(74 room(s))
- Currency Exchange :
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
- Not Available
Winter contact tel# (03)3592-8001. Day-use guests (lunch, tea) welcome. Laundry services available for extra charge.
tel : +81(0)263-95-2001（4月下旬～11月上旬） fax : +81(0)263-95-2412（4月下旬～11月上旬） Official site
- By Train
- From Matsumoto Station(JR Shinonoi Line), From Matsumoto Station, take the Matsumoto Dentetsu Train to the end, Shin-Shimashima. Change to Bus bound for Kamikochi and get off at the Kamikochi Teikoku Hotel-Mae stop (1 hour 15 min).
- By Car
- From Matsumoto IC, From Matsumoto IC, take Route 158 west to Sawando (1 hour 10 min approx. 35km). Take bus bound for Kamikochi or taxi. (Private cars not allowed into Kamikochi.)
- Azumi-Kamikochi, Matsumoto 390-1516
- Shinano Wine (Winery Tour) : Third Generation Winery
- Izutsu Wine (Winery) : Winery with a View of the Northern Alps, Surrounded by Picturesque Vineyards
- Narai-juku Post Town : "Narai of a Thousand Houses" -- Longest Post Town in all of Japan.
- Matsumoto Castle (National Treasure) : One of Japan's Finest Castles, With the Japanese Alps as a Backdrop
- Nawate Dori (street) in Matsumoto City : Frog Street -- Matsumoto's Edo Era-themed Shopping Street
- Nishi-Itoya in Kamikochi : Foreigner-friendly lodge in the heart of the Kamikochi basin.
- Tokusawa-en in Kamikochi : Base for Climbing the Northern Alps, or Rest Stop While Walking the Kamikochi Basin.
- Yumoto Saito-Ryokan in Shirahone : Grand, historical ryokan featuring Shirahone’s unique milky-white onsen water.
- Awanoyu in Shirahone Onsen : Relax in Awanoyu's Milky White Mineral Water in Famous Shirahone Onsen.
- Hotaka View Hotel : Resort Hotel at the Base of the Northern Japanese Alps.
- Kita-Alps Bokujyo : Great-Tasting Dairy from Cows Growing in Azumino's Natural Wonder.
- Ajari Cafe : Home of the Popular Ajari Burger.
- Soba Tokkuriya : Handmade Japanese Cuisine in and Edo-era Post Town.
- Tsukiji-Ichiba-Syokudo Matsumoto Ekimae-ten : Lively Pub Featuring Seafood Fresh from Tokyo's Tsukiji Market.
- Au Crieur de Vin : Casual French Cuisine.
- Walking Kamikochi's Weston Loop : Stroll along the Base of the 2,000-Meter High Kamikochi Valley.
- Climb an Active Volcano in the Japanese Alps: Yakedake : Popular Day-Hike to a Dynamic Active Volcano from Kamikochi.
- (NOT TRANSLATE YET) Hike-in to Honzawa Onsen's Above-the-Clouds Bath :
- Azumino Art Line Gallery Tour : Indulge in Art Azumino-Style by Touring the Art Line’s Galleries.
- Glass Beadwork in Azumino : Explore Azumino’s Glass Art through Bead Craftwork.