Yoshimuraya : 吉村屋
Handmade Soba Noodle Restaurant in Tsumago-juku Post Town.
Kiso River Valley
The post town of Tsumago-juku is renowned for how authentically its Edo-era buildings are preserved. This is due to the townspeople using the buildings for their livelihood, maintaining the invaluable structures with their 3-part creed: "Don't Sell, Don't Lend, Don't Tear Down." Yoshimuraya makes use of their building as a soba restaurant, grinding the buckwheat flour grown in nearby Kaida Kogen with their own stone mill, then making the noodles by hand themselves. The result is soba with a firmness of texture and fullness of flavor that they take pride in. To fully appreciate the buckwheat flavor, try the 'sobagaki' dumplings. Seasonal dishes such as wild mountain vegetable tempura in the spring also served.
- Hours :
- 10:00-17:00 or until supplies run out.
- Date(s) :
- Closed Thursdays.
- Average Price :
- Reservations :
- Not required
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (English menu available.)
- Seating Style :
- Floor Seating(15 seat(s)), Chairs(30 seat(s))
tel : +81(0)264-57-3265 fax : +81(0)264-57-3265 Official site
- By Train
- From Nagiso Station(JR Chuo Line), via Ontake Bus, get off at the Tsumago stop (7 min), then 5 min on foot.
- By Car
- From Nakatsugawa IC, 30 min (towards Kiso-Fukushima)
- 860-1 Azuma, Nagiso, Kiso 399-5302
- Narai-juku Post Town : "Narai of a Thousand Houses" -- Longest Post Town in all of Japan.
- Yokokawa Gorge : Picturesque Gorge Famous for Vibrant Spring and Fall Colors.
- Shinano Wine (Winery Tour) : Third Generation Winery
- Izutsu Wine (Winery) : Winery with a View of the Northern Alps, Surrounded by Picturesque Vineyards
- Suwa Garasunosato (Glass Center) : Japan's Largest Glass Art-Related Activities Center
- Fujioto Ryokan in Tsumago : Historical Ryokan Boasting a Traditional Japanese Garden.
- Kisoji-inn Daikichi : Small Inn Featuring Warm Wood Touches in a Relaxing Natural Setting.
- Tsumago's Ryokan Matsushiroya : Two Century-old Inn Featuring Traditional Cuisine in Historical Tsumago-juku.
- Hotel Kisoji in Nagiso : Onsen Resort Hotel embracing the history and natural beauty of the Kiso Region.
- Keigetsu in Hirugami Onsen : Traditional Japanese Inn with Accents of Local Wood Furnishings Throughout.
- Soba Kurumaya : Classic Kiso Hand-made Soba Shop with a 300-Year History.
- Bistro Matsushima-tei : Historical Post Town Building Reborn as Italian.
- Chuo Alps Tozan-Guchi Meiji-tei : At the Base of the Chuo Alps, Sauce-Katsu with their own Original Sauce.
- Soba Tokkuriya : Handmade Japanese Cuisine in and Edo-era Post Town.
- Farm Restaurant Tomato no Ki : Buffet-style Restaurant with Views of the Southern Alps.
- Tour Tsumago's Historical Lodging : Enlightening Tour of Tsumago’s Excellently-Preserved Honjin Inn.
- Walk the Old Nakasendo Between Magome and Tsumago : Walk Through Time Along this Unspoiled Stretch of the Historical Nakasendo Road.
- Apple Picking in Iida's Sanwa Orchard : Fruit-Picking and Apple Pie Baking at this Large Orchard.
- Mizuhiki Lesson : Learn the Fine points of Mizuhiki in Iida, Birthplace of This Distinct Craft.
- Experience Southern Nagano's Historical Past : Hands-On Activities to Experience the Historical Past of Southern Nagano.