Tea Time in Nabekura's Beech Forest
Nabekura Kogen Mori-no-Ie Activity Center : なべくら高原・森の家
Go Trekking for a Picnic in Nabekura's Beech Forest.
Nabekura's expansive beech forest is the perfect place for 'forest therapy', to take in the fresh air and natural power of the trees. Participants can choose a drink and some sweets to take with them for a picnic in the forest.
Nearby is a timeworn village with 100-year old farmhouses giving a sense of Japan's countryside past.
- Hours :
- 9:00-17:00 (Activity Center hours)
- Date(s) :
- Activity Center closed Tuesdays except if holiday or during peak season.
Green Season trekking is generally from late Apr. thru Nov.
- Cost / Price of Admission :
- Activity cost 800.
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Union Pay, IC Cards
- Reservations :
- Foreign Languages :
- (Non-Japanese speakers advised to have an interpreter. Some staff speak English.)
- Luggage Storage :
Trekking maps and explanation available to explore the forest by yourselves. If you prefer having a guide, they are available for 10,000 yen.
tel : +81(0)269-69-2888 fax : +81(0)269-69-2888 Official site
- By Train
- From Iiyama Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), change to the JR Iiyama Line and take a local train to Togura-Nozawa Onsen Station. Then by taxi (15 min).
- By Car
- From Toyota-Iiyama IC, via Route 177, approx. 40 min.
- Iiyama 389-2601
- Nozawa Onsen Sparina : Year-Round Bath House with Onsen Pool
- St. Cousair's Winery & Vineyards : “Country Comfort” Winery and Garden Terrace
- Hokusaikan : Actual Works by Woodblock Print Master Hokusai
- Matsukawa Gorge : Picturesque River Gorge with 3 Waterfalls and 8 Hot Springs Districts
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- Nabekura Kogen(Heights) Mori no Ie : Wooden Cottages in Nabekura’s Beech Forest.
- Nozawa View Hotel Shimataya : Hotel Overlooking the Nozawa Onsen Village.
- Kawamotoya Ryokan : Modern Japanese-Styled Hotel with Natural Onsen in the Heart of Nozawa Onsen
- Hotel Haus St.Anton : Family-Run Austrian-themed Lodge in the Heart of Nozawa Onsen Village.
- Address Nozawa : Boutique Apartment Hotel Featuring a Stylish Blend of Japanese and Western Design.
- Asabano-an : Secluded Sweets Shop Hidden in a Garden by Mystical Kosuge Shrine.
- Restaurant Kamakura-mura : Winter Fairy Tale-Like Igloo Restaurant.
- Cafe Satowa : New Style 'Michi-no-Eki' Road Station Serving Breakfast, too.
- Chanko Cuisine Tamaya : Reasonably-Priced Healthy "Chanko" Stews.
- Enza café & ramen enza : A stylish café and ramen restaurant located at the trail head leading to the Snow Monkey Park
- Forest Tie-Dye : Tie-dye a Bandana Using Twigs for a Forest Momento.
- Snow Shoe Trekking in the Nabekura Beech Forest : Frollick with Snow Shoes in Nabekura's Powder Snow.
- Straw Craft Making : Deep Snow Country Iiyama's Wintertime Activity: Straw Craft Making.
- 'Sansai' (Mountain Vegetables) Gathering : Go with a Guide to Nozawa Onsen’s Mountains to Gather Wild Plants.
- Uchiyama Washi (Japanese Paper) Making at Kamisukiya (Kijimadaira Village) : Kijimadaira’s Version of Snow-Country Uchiyama Paper Making.