Kawamotoya Ryokan : かわもとや
Modern Japanese-Styled Hotel with Natural Onsen in the Heart of Nozawa Onsen
One of the few ryokans in Nozawa Onsen that specializes in European-style nouveau cuisine, featuring locally-grown ingredients. The hot spring baths are of a high temperature and are rich in mineral content and are 100% naturally free-flowing. Adjacent to the inn is the “Kuma no Te Araiba” (Bear Paw Washing Spot) public bath so guests can enjoy both onsen baths.
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- Reservations :
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English, French (Most staff speak English. Some French also spoken.)
- Room Types :
- Japanese Style(22 room(s))
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
- Not Available
tel : +81(0)269-85-2064 fax : +81(0)269-85-3774 Official site
- By Train
- From Iiyama Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), Nozawa Onsen Liner bus, "Nozawa Onsen" bus stop (approx. 25 min). 7 minute walk from bus stop.
- By Car
- From Toyota-Iiyama IC, via Route 117, approx. 30 min.
- Toyosato, Nozawa-onsen, Shimotakai 389-2502
- Nozawa Onsen Sparina : Year-Round Bath House with Onsen Pool
- St. Cousair's Winery & Vineyards : “Country Comfort” Winery and Garden Terrace
- Matsukawa Gorge : Picturesque River Gorge with 3 Waterfalls and 8 Hot Springs Districts
- Hokusaikan : Actual Works by Woodblock Print Master Hokusai
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- Nozawa View Hotel Shimataya : Hotel Overlooking the Nozawa Onsen Village.
- Address Nozawa : Boutique Apartment Hotel Featuring a Stylish Blend of Japanese and Western Design.
- Hotel Haus St.Anton : Family-Run Austrian-themed Lodge in the Heart of Nozawa Onsen Village.
- Nabekura Kogen(Heights) Mori no Ie : Wooden Cottages in Nabekura’s Beech Forest.
- Ryokan Shikisai no Yado KANOE : Quiet Japanese-style Hotel in a Pastoral Setting Far from Civilization.
- Asabano-an : Secluded Sweets Shop Hidden in a Garden by Mystical Kosuge Shrine.
- Cafe Satowa : New Style 'Michi-no-Eki' Road Station Serving Breakfast, too.
- Restaurant Kamakura-mura : Winter Fairy Tale-Like Igloo Restaurant.
- Chanko Cuisine Tamaya : Reasonably-Priced Healthy "Chanko" Stews.
- Enza café & ramen enza : A stylish café and ramen restaurant located at the trail head leading to the Snow Monkey Park
- 'Sansai' (Mountain Vegetables) Gathering : Go with a Guide to Nozawa Onsen’s Mountains to Gather Wild Plants.
- Straw Craft Making : Deep Snow Country Iiyama's Wintertime Activity: Straw Craft Making.
- Snow Shoe Trekking in the Nabekura Beech Forest : Frollick with Snow Shoes in Nabekura's Powder Snow.
- Tea Time in Nabekura's Beech Forest : Go Trekking for a Picnic in Nabekura's Beech Forest.
- Uchiyama Washi (Japanese Paper) Making at Kamisukiya (Kijimadaira Village) : Kijimadaira’s Version of Snow-Country Uchiyama Paper Making.