Tsumago's Ryokan Matsushiroya : 旅籠松代屋
Two Century-old Inn Featuring Traditional Cuisine in Historical Tsumago-juku.
Kiso River Valley
Founded in 1804, Matsushiro-ya is a classic example of a typical “Hatago” style traveler’s lodge. Guestrooms are divided only paper ‘fusuma’ paper screens, and there are no TVs or clocks in the rooms. Guests can experience an escape from modern civilization one day in their lives.
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- ¥10,800 (Lodging w/ 2 meals)
- Reservations :
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (Limited English spoken.)
- Room Types :
- Japanese Style(7 room(s))
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
- Not Available
Guestrooms are divided by 'fusuma' paper screens, and baths and toilets are shared, as in the olden days. Please understand that personal privacy is rather limited as a result.
tel : +81(0)264-57-3022 fax : +81(0)264-57-3386 Official site
- By Train
- From Nagiso Station(JR Chuo Line), 8 min by Ontake Bus bound for Magome or Hogami; use the "Tsumago-bashi" bus stop. Or, 10 min by taxi.
- By Car
- From Nakatsugawa IC, via Route 19 towards Kiso Fukushima, then Route 256 in 25 min.
From Shiojiri IC, 2 hours
- 807 Azuma, Nagiso, Kiso 399-5302
- Narai-juku Post Town : "Narai of a Thousand Houses" -- Longest Post Town in all of Japan.
- Yokokawa Gorge : Picturesque Gorge Famous for Vibrant Spring and Fall Colors.
- Shinano Wine (Winery Tour) : Third Generation Winery
- Izutsu Wine (Winery) : Winery with a View of the Northern Alps, Surrounded by Picturesque Vineyards
- Suwa Garasunosato (Glass Center) : Japan's Largest Glass Art-Related Activities Center
- Fujioto Ryokan in Tsumago : Historical Ryokan Boasting a Traditional Japanese Garden.
- Kisoji-inn Daikichi : Small Inn Featuring Warm Wood Touches in a Relaxing Natural Setting.
- Hotel Kisoji in Nagiso : Onsen Resort Hotel embracing the history and natural beauty of the Kiso Region.
- Keigetsu in Hirugami Onsen : Traditional Japanese Inn with Accents of Local Wood Furnishings Throughout.
- Ryukyo-tei on the Tenryu River : Hotel Perched on a Cliff above the Picturesque Tenryu Gorge
- Yoshimuraya : Handmade Soba Noodle Restaurant in Tsumago-juku Post Town.
- Soba Kurumaya : Classic Kiso Hand-made Soba Shop with a 300-Year History.
- Bistro Matsushima-tei : Historical Post Town Building Reborn as Italian.
- Chuo Alps Tozan-Guchi Meiji-tei : At the Base of the Chuo Alps, Sauce-Katsu with their own Original Sauce.
- Soba Tokkuriya : Handmade Japanese Cuisine in and Edo-era Post Town.
- Walk the Old Nakasendo Between Magome and Tsumago : Walk Through Time Along this Unspoiled Stretch of the Historical Nakasendo Road.
- Tour Tsumago's Historical Lodging : Enlightening Tour of Tsumago’s Excellently-Preserved Honjin Inn.
- Apple Picking in Iida's Sanwa Orchard : Fruit-Picking and Apple Pie Baking at this Large Orchard.
- Mizuhiki Lesson : Learn the Fine points of Mizuhiki in Iida, Birthplace of This Distinct Craft.
- Experience Southern Nagano's Historical Past : Hands-On Activities to Experience the Historical Past of Southern Nagano.