Tokusawa-en in Kamikochi : 氷壁の宿 徳澤園
Base for Climbing the Northern Alps, or Rest Stop While Walking the Kamikochi Basin.
Located a quiet, sylvan 1.5-hour walk from the Kamikochi Bus Terminal, Tokusawa-en is as far away from the hustle and bustle of the city as possible. Being in the middle of nature means a lack of many conveniences, but a nourishing meal and warm bath are the reward for making the trek. Popular as a base for climbing Mt. Yari or the Hotaka Peaks, as well as a rest stop for people walking the Kamikochi Basin.
- Date(s) :
- Open from late April to early Nov.
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- Reservations :
- Required(Walk-ins welcome if space allows.)
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (Basic English spoken.)
- Room Types :
- Japanese Style(17 room(s)), Western Style(3 room(s))
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
- Not Available
14 private rooms and 3 shared rooms available. Available for contact during the winter c/o Shimashima, Azumi, Matsumoto City 390-1502; tel (0263)94-2438; fax (0263)94-2059.
tel : +81(0)263-95-2508（Late Apr.～Oct.） fax : +81(0)263-95-2512（Late Apr.～Oct.） Official site
- By Train
- From Shin-Shimashima Station then bus to Kamikochi Bus Terminal.(Matsumoto Matsumoto Electric Railway Kamikochi Line), 90 minwalk from the Kamikochi Bus Terminal. From Kappa-bashi Bridge, walk upriver past the Myojin area to the Tokusawa Campground to which the lodge is adjacent.
- By Car
- Kamikochi is not accessible by private car.
- 4468 Kamikochi, Matsumoto 390-1516
- Shinano Wine (Winery Tour) : Third Generation Winery
- Izutsu Wine (Winery) : Winery with a View of the Northern Alps, Surrounded by Picturesque Vineyards
- Matsumoto Castle (National Treasure) : One of Japan's Finest Castles, With the Japanese Alps as a Backdrop
- Nawate Dori (street) in Matsumoto City : Frog Street -- Matsumoto's Edo Era-themed Shopping Street
- Nakamachi Street in Matsumoto City : Matsumoto's Commercial Street with Distinctive Black & White Contrasting Storehouses
- Nishi-Itoya in Kamikochi : Foreigner-friendly lodge in the heart of the Kamikochi basin.
- Kamikochi Imperial Hotel : Built in 1933, Japan’s First Mountain Lodge.
- Yumoto Saito-Ryokan in Shirahone : Grand, historical ryokan featuring Shirahone’s unique milky-white onsen water.
- Awanoyu in Shirahone Onsen : Relax in Awanoyu's Milky White Mineral Water in Famous Shirahone Onsen.
- Hotaka View Hotel : Resort Hotel at the Base of the Northern Japanese Alps.
- Kita-Alps Bokujyo : Great-Tasting Dairy from Cows Growing in Azumino's Natural Wonder.
- Ajari Cafe : Home of the Popular Ajari Burger.
- Tsukiji-Ichiba-Syokudo Matsumoto Ekimae-ten : Lively Pub Featuring Seafood Fresh from Tokyo's Tsukiji Market.
- Au Crieur de Vin : Casual French Cuisine.
- Bakery Cafe SWEET in Nawate : Matsumoto's Old-Time Bakery Cafe.
- Walking Kamikochi's Weston Loop : Stroll along the Base of the 2,000-Meter High Kamikochi Valley.
- Climb an Active Volcano in the Japanese Alps: Yakedake : Popular Day-Hike to a Dynamic Active Volcano from Kamikochi.
- (NOT TRANSLATE YET) Hike-in to Honzawa Onsen's Above-the-Clouds Bath :
- Azumino Art Line Gallery Tour : Indulge in Art Azumino-Style by Touring the Art Line’s Galleries.
- Glass Beadwork in Azumino : Explore Azumino’s Glass Art through Bead Craftwork.