Fujioto Ryokan in Tsumago : 藤乙旅館
Historical Ryokan Boasting a Traditional Japanese Garden.
Kiso River Valley
Popular with foreigners, the majority of the inn’s guests are repeaters or come by word of mouth. Dinners feature the best of Nagano’s cuisine, including apple-fed Nagano wagyu (“Shinshu-gyu”) beef filet served with a miso sauce on a magnolia leaf (a local specialty), horse meat tartar (“Basashi”), and salt-rubbed grilled char. The common bath is made of hinoki cypress wood, another specialty of the Kiso area.
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- Reservations :
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English, Italian, Spanish
- Room Types :
- Japanese Style(7 room(s))
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
- Not Available
Authentic historical construction. Walls between guestrooms are literally paper-thin. Toilets are common-use.
tel : +81(0)264-57-3009 fax : +81(0)264-57-2239 Official site
- By Train
- From Nagiso Station(JR Chuo Line), By bus bound for Tsumago, get off at Tsumago stop (10 min) then 2 min on foot. Or 5 min by taxi.
- By Car
- From Nakatsugawa IC, 30 minute in the direction of Kiso Fukushima.
- 858-1 Azuma, Nagiso, Kiso 399-5302
- Narai-juku Post Town : "Narai of a Thousand Houses" -- Longest Post Town in all of Japan.
- Yokokawa Gorge : Picturesque Gorge Famous for Vibrant Spring and Fall Colors.
- Shinano Wine (Winery Tour) : Third Generation Winery
- Izutsu Wine (Winery) : Winery with a View of the Northern Alps, Surrounded by Picturesque Vineyards
- Suwa Garasunosato (Glass Center) : Japan's Largest Glass Art-Related Activities Center
- Kisoji-inn Daikichi : Small Inn Featuring Warm Wood Touches in a Relaxing Natural Setting.
- Tsumago's Ryokan Matsushiroya : Two Century-old Inn Featuring Traditional Cuisine in Historical Tsumago-juku.
- Hotel Kisoji in Nagiso : Onsen Resort Hotel embracing the history and natural beauty of the Kiso Region.
- Keigetsu in Hirugami Onsen : Traditional Japanese Inn with Accents of Local Wood Furnishings Throughout.
- Ryukyo-tei on the Tenryu River : Hotel Perched on a Cliff above the Picturesque Tenryu Gorge
- Yoshimuraya : Handmade Soba Noodle Restaurant in Tsumago-juku Post Town.
- Soba Kurumaya : Classic Kiso Hand-made Soba Shop with a 300-Year History.
- Bistro Matsushima-tei : Historical Post Town Building Reborn as Italian.
- Chuo Alps Tozan-Guchi Meiji-tei : At the Base of the Chuo Alps, Sauce-Katsu with their own Original Sauce.
- Soba Tokkuriya : Handmade Japanese Cuisine in and Edo-era Post Town.
- Tour Tsumago's Historical Lodging : Enlightening Tour of Tsumago’s Excellently-Preserved Honjin Inn.
- Walk the Old Nakasendo Between Magome and Tsumago : Walk Through Time Along this Unspoiled Stretch of the Historical Nakasendo Road.
- Apple Picking in Iida's Sanwa Orchard : Fruit-Picking and Apple Pie Baking at this Large Orchard.
- Mizuhiki Lesson : Learn the Fine points of Mizuhiki in Iida, Birthplace of This Distinct Craft.
- Experience Southern Nagano's Historical Past : Hands-On Activities to Experience the Historical Past of Southern Nagano.