Kokuzo : 穀蔵
Natural Yeast Artisan Bread Shop in a 150-Year Old Farmhouse.
Located in a simplistically remodeled 200-year old house along a centuries-old residential street on the outskirts of Ueda City. They grind the flour (100% domestically-grown rye and wheat -- primarily Nagano-grown wheat) with their own stone mill, and bake it into hard artisan bread and dessert pastries. Lunches featuring their bread available in the shop's cafe space -- popular with bread enthusiasts.
- Hours :
- Date(s) :
- Closed Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Average Price :
- 500-2,000 yen. Lunch from 850 or 1100 yen.
- Reservations :
- Required(Reservations required for lunch
Vegetarian lunch available min. 2 people)
- Foreign Languages :
- Seating Style :
- Floor Seating(13 seat(s)), Chairs(4 seat(s))
Lunch menu varies with the season.
Drink (organic coffee or tea) can be added for 200 yen.
English speaking staff available on Weekends only.
tel : +81(0)268-21-8000
- By Train
- From Ueda Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), 15 min by taxi
Or by bus from Ueda Station to the Iseyama stop, then 5 minutes on foot.
- By Car
- From Ueda Sugadaira IC, 5 min via Route 144 (look for the sign at the turn off at the Iseyama intersection)
- 2338 Ueno, Ueda 386-0003
- Yanagi-Machi Post Town : The Past Meets the Present in Ueda City’s Historical Post Town
- Unno-juku Post Town : Post Town with Distinctive Architecture and Beautiful Streetscape
- Ikushima-Tarushima Shrine : Distinct Vermilion-colored Shrine in Japan's Geographic Center
- Komoro Castle Ruins Kaikoen : Unusual "Castle in a Hole" with Beautifully Landscaped Grounds
- Aratojo Castle Historical Park : Hilltop Fortress from the Warring States Era
- Sugadaira Kogen Onsen Hotel : Sport (Ski, Rugby) and Relaxation Onsen Resort.
- Ueda Mahoroba Youth Hostel in Bessho Onsen : "At-Home" Youth Hostel convenient to Bessho Onsen.
- Izumiya Ryokan in Reisenji Onsen : Simple Onsen Inn Secluded in the Hills in Reisenji Onsen
- Hanaya in Bessho Onsen : Traditional Japanese Construction Built by Master Craftsmen with Western Accents for a "Taisho Romance" Feel.
- Nakadanasou in Komoro : Old-fashioned Inn, Favorite of Shimazaki Toson. A Quiet Retreat for Adults.
- Cafe Levian Table & Tatami-Cafe Eboshi : Artisan Bakery in a Sake Warehouse.
- Soba Hojyo-an : Locally Grown and Milled "Homecoming Soba".
- Teisyaba Garden : Tea Time in a Community Flower Garden.
- Soba Kaya : Authentic Soba Noodles in an Edo-era Thatched Roof Building.
- Ramen Kameya : Feel At Home with Kameya's Locally-Sourced Ramen.
- Volunteer Guide Tours in Ueda : Have a Volunteer English Guide Show You Ueda's Castle Town!
- Silk Weaving Experience (Ueda Tsumugi) : Sit at a 100-Year Old Loom and Make Your Own Ueda Silk Weaving.
- Shioda Plain Temple Walk : Take in the Historical Temples around Bessho Onsen with this 1-Day Tour.
- Hotto Stay Rural Visit : Rural Lifestyle Mini-Experience.
- Zazen Meditation -- At Bessho Onsen's Historical Anraku-ji Temple : Attend a Zazen Meditation Session at Bessho Onsen’s Historical Anraku-Ji Temple.