Soba Kaya : 蕎麦料理處 萱
Authentic Soba Noodles in an Edo-era Thatched Roof Building.
Located in what was originally the main building of a sake brewery, the thatched-roof structure was built 250 years ago. Authentic hand-made soba noodles served in this very historical setting. Great selection of local sakes, too. Gift shop and cafe as well as crafts (stained glass, pottery-making) and brewery-tours also available.
- Hours :
- Monday - Saturday 11:00-20:00 (L.O. 19:30); Sunday and Holidays 11:00-19:00.
- Date(s) :
- Closed irregularly (usually 1 day per month) and Jan. 1st.
- Average Price :
- Lunch 1,000-2,000 Dinner 2,500-4,000
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex
- Reservations :
- Not required
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English, Chinese, Korean (English, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional) and Korean menus available.)
- Seating Style :
- Floor Seating(45 seat(s)), Chairs(15 seat(s))
Not suggested for people who are allergic to buckwheat (soba) -- consult with the staff in advance.
tel : +81(0)26-276-7205 fax : +81(0)26-276-0849 Official site
- By Train
- From Togura Station(Shinano Railway), 2 min walk
- By Car
- From Sakaki IC, Via Route 18. On the Togura Sta. intersection corner. Approx. 10 min.
- 1855-1 Togura, Chikuma 389-0804
- Aratojo Castle Historical Park : Hilltop Fortress from the Warring States Era
- Yanagi-Machi Post Town : The Past Meets the Present in Ueda City’s Historical Post Town
- Ikushima-Tarushima Shrine : Distinct Vermilion-colored Shrine in Japan's Geographic Center
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- Unno-juku Post Town : Post Town with Distinctive Architecture and Beautiful Streetscape
- Ogiwarakan in Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada : Medium-sized Ryokan Famous for Congenial Service
- Aritaya Ryokan in Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada : Traditional Family-Run 100-Year Old Wooden Inn
- Chuo Hotel in Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada : Family-run Traditional Inn with a Folk Art Theme
- Kamesei Ryokan in Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada : Friendly, Traditional Japanese Onsen Inn run by an American-Japanese couple.
- Yuzan in Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada : One of the Major Ryokans in Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada.
- Ramen Kameya : Feel At Home with Kameya's Locally-Sourced Ramen.
- Daikokuya : Kamiyamada Onsen's Tiny Cafeteria Famous for Their Ramen and Garlic-Sauce Tonkatsu Pork.
- Cafe Levian Table & Tatami-Cafe Eboshi : Artisan Bakery in a Sake Warehouse.
- Soba Hojyo-an : Locally Grown and Milled "Homecoming Soba".
- Kokuzo : Natural Yeast Artisan Bread Shop in a 150-Year Old Farmhouse.
- Chikuma River Fish Cuisine : River Fish Cuisine at a Simple Shack along the Chikuma River.
- Miso Soup Making Lesson : Learn How to Make That Most Basic of Japanese Cuisine: Miso Soup.
- Wafuku (Japanese Clothing) Tutorial : Curious How Traditional Japanese Clothing Works? Have Saito-san Explain All.
- Spicy Udon at Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada : Udon Noodles with the Nefariously Spicy Nezumi Daikon Radish.
- Fruit Picking at Kamiyamada's Crown Farm : Eat Fresh Grapes and Apples You Pick Yourself at this Foreigner-friendly, Family-run Orchard in Kamiyamada.