Soba Hojyo-an : 食事処「北条庵」
Locally Grown and Milled "Homecoming Soba".
Located in between Chuzen and Maeyama Temples in an old farmhouse reminiscent of Ueda's golden age as a silk producing town. Soba noodles made from locally grown and milled buckwheat instill a nostalgic sense of homecoming. Dishes display the Rokumon mark of the area's famous Sanada samurai family. When ordering a plate of zaru soba, a surprise seasonal dish is included. Soba making lessons also available by reservation, and oyaki dumplings are available for purchase.
- Hours :
- Date(s) :
- Closed Dec.29 - end of Feb.
- Average Price :
- From 750 yen (Set menus available for 1300 yen, 1600 yen)
- Reservations :
- Not required
- Capacity :
- Seating Style :
- Floor Seating(12 seat(s)), Chairs(70 seat(s))
Large buses can be accommodated -- prior reservation required. No-smoking facility.
tel : +81(0)268-38-1251
- By Train
- From Ueda Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), 20 min by taxi
- By Car
- From Ueda Sugadaira IC, via Route 18 and Route 144, approx. 30 min.
- Shioda-no-yakata, 554-12 Maeyama, Ueda 386-1436
- Ikushima-Tarushima Shrine : Distinct Vermilion-colored Shrine in Japan's Geographic Center
- Yanagi-Machi Post Town : The Past Meets the Present in Ueda City’s Historical Post Town
- Unno-juku Post Town : Post Town with Distinctive Architecture and Beautiful Streetscape
- Daio Wasabi Farm : Japan's Largest Wasabi Farm in the Pristine Waters of Azumino
- Aratojo Castle Historical Park : Hilltop Fortress from the Warring States Era
- Ueda Mahoroba Youth Hostel in Bessho Onsen : "At-Home" Youth Hostel convenient to Bessho Onsen.
- Hanaya in Bessho Onsen : Traditional Japanese Construction Built by Master Craftsmen with Western Accents for a "Taisho Romance" Feel.
- Uematsuya Ryokan in Bessho Onsen : Friendly Ryokan in the Center of Bessho Onsen.
- Izumiya Ryokan in Reisenji Onsen : Simple Onsen Inn Secluded in the Hills in Reisenji Onsen
- Saito Hotel in Kakeyu Onsen : Modern High-Rise Onsen Hotel in Kakeyu Onsen.
- Cafe Levian Table & Tatami-Cafe Eboshi : Artisan Bakery in a Sake Warehouse.
- Kokuzo : Natural Yeast Artisan Bread Shop in a 150-Year Old Farmhouse.
- Ramen Kameya : Feel At Home with Kameya's Locally-Sourced Ramen.
- Daikokuya : Kamiyamada Onsen's Tiny Cafeteria Famous for Their Ramen and Garlic-Sauce Tonkatsu Pork.
- Soba Kaya : Authentic Soba Noodles in an Edo-era Thatched Roof Building.
- Shioda Plain Temple Walk : Take in the Historical Temples around Bessho Onsen with this 1-Day Tour.
- Zazen Meditation -- At Bessho Onsen's Historical Anraku-ji Temple : Attend a Zazen Meditation Session at Bessho Onsen’s Historical Anraku-Ji Temple.
- Hotto Stay Rural Visit : Rural Lifestyle Mini-Experience.
- Volunteer Guide Tours in Ueda : Have a Volunteer English Guide Show You Ueda's Castle Town!
- Silk Weaving Experience (Ueda Tsumugi) : Sit at a 100-Year Old Loom and Make Your Own Ueda Silk Weaving.