Hotto Stay Rural Visit
Shinshu Seishun Mura -- Hotto Stay : 信州せいしゅん村 ほっとスティ
Rural Lifestyle Mini-Experience.
Nagano has the largest number of farmers and rural households in Japan. The award-winning "Hotto Stay" program brings together groups of visitors with family-run farms and local schools in the countryside. Work a field, visit a school, have tea with a farmer!
English and Chinese booklets are provided to assist conversation between participants and the host families.
The Hotto Stay program offers multi-day schedules where groups of visitors can go to a meet a family in the countryside, experience working in the field, making a meal and eating with the family, visit a local school, and overall experiencing the rural lifestyle of Japan. Typical schedule:
Day 1 - Transportation to Nagano, outdoor activities/ factory tours/ craft or cooking lesson in afternoon, stay at a local hotel at night.
Day 2 - School exchange in morning, meet and have lunch with a rural family, work in the field, take a walk and learn about the local area, stay at a local hotel at night.
Day 3 - Sightseeing in Nagano in the morning, transport to Tokyo or Nagoya in the afternoon.
For details, contact the Hotto Stay program and/or the Nagano Tourism Association, Tel (026)234-7200, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hours :
- Program hours vary. Office hours 08:30-17:30.
- Date(s) :
- Program dates vary. Office open year round.
- Cost / Price of Admission :
- 3240 for the day, 7560 for overnight lodging including 2 meals. (Some programs vary.)
- Time Required :
- Day-Use 09:00-16:00; Overnight 15:00-09:00
- Reservations :
- Required(Required. In English, contact the Nagano Prefecture Tourism Assoc.. In Japanese, telephone or e-mail Shinshu Seishun Mura.)
- # of Participants :
- Luggage Storage :
Details vary by program. Homestays can be arranged for participants who spend at least 1 night at an accommodation in Nagano Prefecture.
tel : +81(0)268-85-3939 fax : +81(0)268-41-4078 Official site
- By Train
- From Ueda Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), 30 min by taxi.
- By Car
- From Ueda Sugadaira IC, 35 min
From Tobu-Yunomaru IC, 35 min
- 1026-2 1026-2 Shimo-Takeshi, Ueda 386-0503