Izutsu Wine (Winery) : 井筒ワイン ワイナリー
Winery with a View of the Northern Alps, Surrounded by Picturesque Vineyards
Located in Kikyogahara, Izutsu Winery is near the center of the prefecture on the Matsumoto Plain at an elevation of 700 meters with a view of the Northern Alps. The red brick winery with its distinct steep roof is situated in the middle of the vineyard which features both European and typical Japanese styles of trellises. Visitors can sample the high quality wine.
- Hours :
- Date(s) :
- Closed from 29 Dec. to 3 Jan.
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex
- Reservations :
- Required(Entrance to the wine cellar possible weekdays from February to August, reservations required. (No entrance on weekends or holidays.))
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- (Interpreter required.)
- Luggage Storage :
- Not Available
tel : +81(0)263-52-0174 fax : +81(0)263-52-7910 Official site
- By Train
- From Shiojiri Station(JR Chuo Line), 5 min by taxi
- By Car
- From Shiojiri North IC, 7 min
- 1298-187, Kikyougahara Souga, Shiojiri 399-6461
- Shinano Wine (Winery Tour) : Third Generation Winery
- Matsumoto City Museum of Art : Museum Featuring Works by Matsumoto's Favorite Daughter, World-Famous Yayoi Kusama.
- Nakamachi Street in Matsumoto City : Matsumoto's Commercial Street with Distinctive Black & White Contrasting Storehouses
- Okaya Silk Museum “Silk Fact Okaya” : Silk Museum Adjacent to an Actual Operating Silk Factory
- Nawate Dori (street) in Matsumoto City : Frog Street -- Matsumoto's Edo Era-themed Shopping Street
- Matsumoto's Hotel Buena Vista : Matsumoto's Landmark City Hotel.
- Hotel New Station Matsumoto : Hometown-Favorite Business Hotel next to Matsumoto Station.
- Matsumoto BackPackers : Guesthouse in a Typical Japanese Residence Minutes from Matsumoto Castle & Station.
- Matsumoto's Nunoya Ryokan : Wooden Inn in Central Matsumoto, Featured in Lonely Planet
- Matsumoto's Ryokan (Hotel) Marumo : "Dozo" Storehouse-styled Inn Steeped in Matsumoto's Castle Town Ambience.
- Ajari Cafe : Home of the Popular Ajari Burger.
- Say (Soan Annex Zama) in Nakamachi : Soan's Location in Matsumoto's Historical Nakamachi District.
- Au Crieur de Vin : Casual French Cuisine.
- Tsukiji-Ichiba-Syokudo Matsumoto Ekimae-ten : Lively Pub Featuring Seafood Fresh from Tokyo's Tsukiji Market.
- Kurassic-kan : Coffee Shop in a Storehouse Built in 1888, With a Japanese Garden.
- Fruit Picking at a Full-Scale Orchard in Shiojiri : Large-Scale Orchard Boasting Magical Varieties of Grapes.
- Appreciating Ukiyoe Wood Block Print Art : Rotating Displays of Japan’s Largest Collection of Ukiyoe Woodblock Prints.
- Ishii Miso Factory : Matsumoto’s Famous Maker of Aged Miso
- Seiji Ozawa Matsumoto Festival : Hear World-renowned Musicians from across the Globe Perform in Matsumoto.
- Crafts Fair Matsumoto : Browse Japan’s Premier Outdoor Arts & Crafts Fair.