Kurassic-kan : 中町・蔵シック館「茶房」
Coffee Shop in a Storehouse Built in 1888, With a Japanese
Coffee and tea shop in Nakamachi, Matsumoto's historical district lined with earthen-walled 'kura' storehouse-styled buildings. Sweets and confections made nearby and specialty drinks in a storehouse built in 1888. Enjoy the gardens and the locally-made "Matsumoto-Kagu" classic furniture.
- Hours :
- 10:00-17:00, L.O. 16:30 (10:30-16:00, L.O. 15:30 Nov. to Mar.)
- Date(s) :
- Closed: Dec 29th-Jan 3rd
- Average Price :
- Drinks from 400 yen
- Reservations :
- Not required
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- Seating Style :
- Chairs(38 seat(s))
Discounted parking if using the Nakamachi parking lot.
tel : +81(0)263-87-7723 fax : +81(0)263-36-3053 Official site
- By Train
- From Matsumoto Station(JR Shinonoi Line), Take the Town Sneaker Bus, Higashi (East) Course and get off at the Kurassic-kan-mae stop. Or, on foot, 10-15 min.
- By Car
- From Matsumoto IC, via Route 158 and Route 143 towards Matsumoto City Center, approx. 15 min.
- 2-9-15 Chuo, Matsumoto 390-0811
- Nakamachi Street in Matsumoto City : Matsumoto's Commercial Street with Distinctive Black & White Contrasting Storehouses
- Nawate Dori (street) in Matsumoto City : Frog Street -- Matsumoto's Edo Era-themed Shopping Street
- Matsumoto Castle (National Treasure) : One of Japan's Finest Castles, With the Japanese Alps as a Backdrop
- Matsumoto City Museum of Art : Museum Featuring Works by Matsumoto's Favorite Daughter, World-Famous Yayoi Kusama.
- Daio Wasabi Farm : Japan's Largest Wasabi Farm in the Pristine Waters of Azumino
- Matsumoto's Ryokan (Hotel) Marumo : "Dozo" Storehouse-styled Inn Steeped in Matsumoto's Castle Town Ambience.
- Matsumoto's Nunoya Ryokan : Wooden Inn in Central Matsumoto, Featured in Lonely Planet
- Matsumoto Marunouchi Hotel : Hotel Located Steps from Matsumoto Castle in the City's Historical and Cultural Heart.
- Matsumoto's Hotel Buena Vista : Matsumoto's Landmark City Hotel.
- Hotel New Station Matsumoto : Hometown-Favorite Business Hotel next to Matsumoto Station.
- Bakery Cafe SWEET in Nawate : Matsumoto's Old-Time Bakery Cafe.
- Marumo : Folkcraft-themed Coffee Shop for Coffee Enthusiasts.
- Hikari-ya Higashi : Fine Japanese Dining in a Stylishly Remodeled 130-Year-Old Storehouse.
- Hikari-ya Nishi : Macrobiotic Fine French Dining in a Remodeled 120-Year Old Storehouse.
- Au Crieur de Vin : Casual French Cuisine.
- 'Temari' Handball Workshop : A Symbol of Matsumoto, Make a Temari Ball as a Momento of your Stay.
- Soba Noodle Making in Matsumoto : Make (then Eat!) Soba at this Premier Noodle Shop 2 Minutes from Matsumoto Castle.
- Seiji Ozawa Matsumoto Festival : Hear World-renowned Musicians from across the Globe Perform in Matsumoto.
- Guided Tour of Matsumoto Castle : Tour National Treasure Matsumoto Castle with the Helpful ALSA Guides.
- Ishii Miso Factory : Matsumoto’s Famous Maker of Aged Miso