Nishi-Itoya in Kamikochi : 上高地西糸屋山荘
Foreigner-friendly lodge in the heart of the Kamikochi basin.
Located along the Azusa River just west of Kamikochi’s symbolic Kappa-bashi bridge, the lodge has always been popular with people coming to climb the Northern Alps. The staff are happy to provide updated climbing information. Breath-taking views of the Hotaka Mountain Range including from the lodge’s common baths.
- Available in all rooms
- Lodge is not wheelchair accessible inside. Wheelchairs available for use outside.
- Date(s) :
- Closed from mid-Nov. thru mid-Apr.
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex
- Reservations :
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (Basic English spoken. Most signage in English.)
- Room Types :
- Japanese Style(28 room(s)), Western Style(2 room(s))
- Currency Exchange :
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
All guestrooms are no-smoking. Area hiking maps in English available. Dormitory-style bunk beds (8) available.
tel : +81(0)263-95-2206 fax : +81(0)263-95-2208 Official site
- By Train
- From Matsumoto Station(JR Shinonoi Line), From Matsumoto Station, take the Matsumoto Dentetsu line bound for Shin-Shimashima to the end of the line (30 min.). Transfer to Alpico bus bound for Kamikochi Bus Terminal, approx. 65 min. Cross Kappa-bashi bridge and lodge will be on the left.
- By Car
- From Matsumoto IC, From Matsumoto IC, go right (towards Kamikochi) and take Route 158 approx. 1 hour to the Sawando Parking Lot. Change to Alpico bus bound for Kamikochi or taxi, approx. 30 min. to the Kamikochi Bus Terminal (approx. 30 min.), then cross the Kappa-bashi bridge and lodge will be on the left.
- 4469-1 Azumi Kamikochi, Matsumoto 390-1516
- Shinano Wine (Winery Tour) : Third Generation Winery
- Izutsu Wine (Winery) : Winery with a View of the Northern Alps, Surrounded by Picturesque Vineyards
- Matsumoto Castle (National Treasure) : One of Japan's Finest Castles, With the Japanese Alps as a Backdrop
- Nawate Dori (street) in Matsumoto City : Frog Street -- Matsumoto's Edo Era-themed Shopping Street
- Nakamachi Street in Matsumoto City : Matsumoto's Commercial Street with Distinctive Black & White Contrasting Storehouses
- Tokusawa-en in Kamikochi : Base for Climbing the Northern Alps, or Rest Stop While Walking the Kamikochi Basin.
- Kamikochi Imperial Hotel : Built in 1933, Japan’s First Mountain Lodge.
- Yumoto Saito-Ryokan in Shirahone : Grand, historical ryokan featuring Shirahone’s unique milky-white onsen water.
- Awanoyu in Shirahone Onsen : Relax in Awanoyu's Milky White Mineral Water in Famous Shirahone Onsen.
- Hotaka View Hotel : Resort Hotel at the Base of the Northern Japanese Alps.
- Kita-Alps Bokujyo : Great-Tasting Dairy from Cows Growing in Azumino's Natural Wonder.
- Ajari Cafe : Home of the Popular Ajari Burger.
- Tsukiji-Ichiba-Syokudo Matsumoto Ekimae-ten : Lively Pub Featuring Seafood Fresh from Tokyo's Tsukiji Market.
- Au Crieur de Vin : Casual French Cuisine.
- Bakery Cafe SWEET in Nawate : Matsumoto's Old-Time Bakery Cafe.
- Walking Kamikochi's Weston Loop : Stroll along the Base of the 2,000-Meter High Kamikochi Valley.
- Climb an Active Volcano in the Japanese Alps: Yakedake : Popular Day-Hike to a Dynamic Active Volcano from Kamikochi.
- (NOT TRANSLATE YET) Hike-in to Honzawa Onsen's Above-the-Clouds Bath :
- Azumino Art Line Gallery Tour : Indulge in Art Azumino-Style by Touring the Art Line’s Galleries.
- Glass Beadwork in Azumino : Explore Azumino’s Glass Art through Bead Craftwork.