Restaurants - Coffee,Sweets,Bakery
Marumo : 民芸茶房まるも
Folkcraft-themed Coffee Shop for Coffee Enthusiasts.
Marumo originated as an inn for travelers in 1868. In 1956, this coffee shop was added. Designed by Sanshiro Ikeda, the father of Matsumoto's Folkcraft Furniture movement, the shop's interior is full of tables and other furniture made in this unique style of craftsmanship. An antique piano and weaving loom add to the classic ambience. The cheesecakes are a popular choice to go with the coffee.
- Hours :
- Date(s) :
- Closed around the New Years holiday.
- Average Price :
- Reservations :
- Not required
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (English menu available.)
- Seating Style :
- Chairs(45 seat(s))
tel : +81(0)263-32-0115
- By Train
- From Matsumoto Station(JR Shinonoi Line), 15 min walk
- By Car
- From Matsumoto IC, 15 min
- Sightseeing Spots
- Nawate Dori (street) in Matsumoto City : Frog Street -- Matsumoto's Edo Era-themed Shopping Street
- Nakamachi Street in Matsumoto City : Matsumoto's Commercial Street with Distinctive Black & White Contrasting Storehouses
- Matsumoto City Museum of Art : Museum Featuring Works by Matsumoto's Favorite Daughter, World-Famous Yayoi Kusama.
- Matsumoto Castle (National Treasure) : One of Japan's Finest Castles, With the Japanese Alps as a Backdrop
- Ishii Miso Factory : Matsumoto’s Famous Maker of Aged Miso
- Matsumoto's Ryokan (Hotel) Marumo : "Dozo" Storehouse-styled Inn Steeped in Matsumoto's Castle Town Ambience.
- Matsumoto's Nunoya Ryokan : Wooden Inn in Central Matsumoto, Featured in Lonely Planet
- Matsumoto Marunouchi Hotel : Hotel Located Steps from Matsumoto Castle in the City's Historical and Cultural Heart.
- Candela Guest House in Matsumoto : Hideaway Located in a Remodeled Miso Warehouse 5 min from Matsumoto Castle.
- Matsumoto's Hotel Buena Vista : Matsumoto's Landmark City Hotel.
- Kurassic-kan : Coffee Shop in a Storehouse Built in 1888, With a Japanese Garden.
- Bakery Cafe SWEET in Nawate : Matsumoto's Old-Time Bakery Cafe.
- Hikari-ya Higashi : Fine Japanese Dining in a Stylishly Remodeled 130-Year-Old Storehouse.
- Hikari-ya Nishi : Macrobiotic Fine French Dining in a Remodeled 120-Year Old Storehouse.
- Tsukiji-Ichiba-Syokudo Matsumoto Ekimae-ten : Lively Pub Featuring Seafood Fresh from Tokyo's Tsukiji Market.
- 'Temari' Handball Workshop : A Symbol of Matsumoto, Make a Temari Ball as a Momento of your Stay.
- Soba Noodle Making in Matsumoto : Make (then Eat!) Soba at this Premier Noodle Shop 2 Minutes from Matsumoto Castle.
- Seiji Ozawa Matsumoto Festival : Hear World-renowned Musicians from across the Globe Perform in Matsumoto.
- Guided Tour of Matsumoto Castle : Tour National Treasure Matsumoto Castle with the Helpful ALSA Guides.
- Crafts Fair Matsumoto : Browse Japan’s Premier Outdoor Arts & Crafts Fair.