Matsumoto Marunouchi Hotel : 松本丸の内ホテル
Hotel Located Steps from Matsumoto Castle in the City's Historical and Cultural Heart.
Hotel located in the heart of Matsumoto City. The national treasure Matsumoto Castle is a mere 2 min away on foot, and the historical Nawate Dori shopping street and Nakamachi with its earthen-walled "kura" storehouse-like cafes and shops are both a 3-4 min walk. The hotel is staffed by locals knowledgeable about nearby off-the-beaten-path places of interest so feel free to ask. Guests are encouraged to walk the castle grounds in the morning and come back for a breakfast steeped in the history of Matsumoto in the hotel's restaurant -- located in a nationally registered Tangible Cultural Property building constructed in 1937.
- In all guest rooms as well as the lobby. Service in the hallways is spotty.
- Entrance and lobby area as well as one room on the no-smoking floor are wheelchair accessible.
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex
- Reservations :
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (Some English signage.)
- Room Types :
- Western Style(90 room(s))
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
- Not Available
Guestrooms can accommodate up to 3 people, so rather than families the hotel caters to couples and business travelers.
tel : +81(0)263-35-4500 fax : +81(0)263-35-4505 Official site
- By Train
- From Matsumoto Station(JR Shinonoi Line), From the Higashi Guchi exit, 12 minutes on foot or 5 min by taxi.
- By Car
- From Matsumoto IC, via R158 approx. 4km (15 min).
- 3-5-15 Ote, Matsumoto 390-0874
- Matsumoto Castle (National Treasure) : One of Japan's Finest Castles, With the Japanese Alps as a Backdrop
- Nawate Dori (street) in Matsumoto City : Frog Street -- Matsumoto's Edo Era-themed Shopping Street
- Nakamachi Street in Matsumoto City : Matsumoto's Commercial Street with Distinctive Black & White Contrasting Storehouses
- Matsumoto City Museum of Art : Museum Featuring Works by Matsumoto's Favorite Daughter, World-Famous Yayoi Kusama.
- Daio Wasabi Farm : Japan's Largest Wasabi Farm in the Pristine Waters of Azumino
- Matsumoto's Ryokan (Hotel) Marumo : "Dozo" Storehouse-styled Inn Steeped in Matsumoto's Castle Town Ambience.
- Matsumoto's Nunoya Ryokan : Wooden Inn in Central Matsumoto, Featured in Lonely Planet
- Hotel New Station Matsumoto : Hometown-Favorite Business Hotel next to Matsumoto Station.
- Candela Guest House in Matsumoto : Hideaway Located in a Remodeled Miso Warehouse 5 min from Matsumoto Castle.
- Matsumoto BackPackers : Guesthouse in a Typical Japanese Residence Minutes from Matsumoto Castle & Station.
- Bakery Cafe SWEET in Nawate : Matsumoto's Old-Time Bakery Cafe.
- Kurassic-kan : Coffee Shop in a Storehouse Built in 1888, With a Japanese Garden.
- Marumo : Folkcraft-themed Coffee Shop for Coffee Enthusiasts.
- Hikari-ya Higashi : Fine Japanese Dining in a Stylishly Remodeled 130-Year-Old Storehouse.
- Hikari-ya Nishi : Macrobiotic Fine French Dining in a Remodeled 120-Year Old Storehouse.
- 'Temari' Handball Workshop : A Symbol of Matsumoto, Make a Temari Ball as a Momento of your Stay.
- Soba Noodle Making in Matsumoto : Make (then Eat!) Soba at this Premier Noodle Shop 2 Minutes from Matsumoto Castle.
- Guided Tour of Matsumoto Castle : Tour National Treasure Matsumoto Castle with the Helpful ALSA Guides.
- Seiji Ozawa Matsumoto Festival : Hear World-renowned Musicians from across the Globe Perform in Matsumoto.
- Ishii Miso Factory : Matsumoto’s Famous Maker of Aged Miso