Bistro Matsushima-tei : 竈炙ビストロ 松島亭
Historical Post Town Building Reborn as Italian.
Kiso River Valley
160-year old timber-framed classic 'shukuba' (post town) building combined with fresh ingredients from the Kiso Valley to make ... Italian! From pizza baked in the old 'kama' oven to popular Western dishes, the bistro serves up Western and Italian standards in a historical Japanese setting looking over a formal Japanese garden.
- Hours :
- 11:30-14:00 17:00-20:30
- Date(s) :
- Closed irregularly
- Average Price :
- Lunch 1,900-3,600 Dinner 3,000-6,600
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, JCB
- Reservations :
- Not required
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (Bilingual English-Japanese menu available.)
- Seating Style :
- Floor Seating(14 seat(s)), Chairs(40 seat(s))
tel : +81(0)264-23-3625 fax : +81(0)264-23-3625
- By Train
- From Kiso-Fukushima Station(JR Chuo Line), 10 min walk
- By Car
- From Ina IC, via Route 361 and Route 19, approx. 30 min.
- 5250, Uenodan Fukushima, Kiso 397-0001
- Narai-juku Post Town : "Narai of a Thousand Houses" -- Longest Post Town in all of Japan.
- Yokokawa Gorge : Picturesque Gorge Famous for Vibrant Spring and Fall Colors.
- Shinano Wine (Winery Tour) : Third Generation Winery
- Izutsu Wine (Winery) : Winery with a View of the Northern Alps, Surrounded by Picturesque Vineyards
- Okaya Silk Museum “Silk Fact Okaya” : Silk Museum Adjacent to an Actual Operating Silk Factory
- Tsutaya in Kiso-Fukushima : Relaxing Hotel Awash in the History of the Old Kiso Road.
- Oyado Iseya in Narai-Juku : Friendly Service and Delicious Kiso Home Cooking.
- Echigoya Ryokan in Narai-Juku : Immerse in an Edo-era Inn in Edo-era Post Town Narai-juku
- Kisoji-inn Daikichi : Small Inn Featuring Warm Wood Touches in a Relaxing Natural Setting.
- Fujioto Ryokan in Tsumago : Historical Ryokan Boasting a Traditional Japanese Garden.
- Soba Kurumaya : Classic Kiso Hand-made Soba Shop with a 300-Year History.
- Soba Tokkuriya : Handmade Japanese Cuisine in and Edo-era Post Town.
- Chuo Alps Tozan-Guchi Meiji-tei : At the Base of the Chuo Alps, Sauce-Katsu with their own Original Sauce.
- Farm Restaurant Tomato no Ki : Buffet-style Restaurant with Views of the Southern Alps.
- Yoshimuraya : Handmade Soba Noodle Restaurant in Tsumago-juku Post Town.
- Nanawarai Sake Brewery Tour : Tour the Nanawarai’s Sake Brewery, the Pride of Kiso Valley.
- How to do Sunki Lacto-Fermenting : Learn to Make Kiso Valley’s Unique Salt-free Pickling Technique.
- Master Gohei Mochi Making : Make Kiso’s Specialty Mochi-rice Sweats.
- Make Chopsticks out of Hinoki : Use Kiso’s Famed Hinoki Wood to Make Your Own Pair of Chopsticks.
- Kiso-Fukushima 'Furusato Taikenkan' Activities Hall : The Place to Experience Kiso Valley's Distinct Culture