Kita Yatsugatake Ropeway : 北八ヶ岳ロープウェイ
Travel Through the Rarefied Air Of Northern Yatsugatake Mtn. in a 100-person Ropeway Car
The Kita (Northern) Yatsugatake Ropeway whisks travelers 100-people at a time from the 1771-meter Sanroku (Base) Station to the 2237-meter summit station. The 7-minute ride provides a panoramic view of all 3 of Japan's major mountain ranges, the Southern, Central and Northern Alps. Alpine wildflowers are a main attraction from May to August, peaking from the end of June to early July, accessed via a 90-minute walking trail. The ropeway is also popular with climbers headed for Kitayoko-dake Mt.
- Hours :
- 08:40-16:40 (Confirmation required)
- Date(s) :
- Occasionally closed for maintenance or inspection -- confirm in advance.
- Entrance Price :
- Adult round trip 1900, 1-way 1000. Children round trip 950, 1-way 500. Group discounts available.
- Time Required :
- 1 hour
- Reservations :
- Required(Reservations required for groups of 20 or more.)
- Capacity :
- Luggage Storage :
- Not Available
Round trip not possible for last run. Possible closures due to weather. Confirm the operating schedule before going.
tel : +81(0)266-67-2009 fax : +81(0)266-67-3220 Official site
- By Train
- From Chino Station(JR Chuo Line), From the Nishi-Guchi (West) exit, take the Alpico Bus from platform #2 bound for Kita Yatsugatake Ropeway (approx. 60 min)
- By Car
- From Suwa IC, 40 min (27km) NOTE: Snow tires / chains required in winter.
From Saku IC, 65 min (50km) NOTE: Snow tires / chains required in winter.
- 4035-2541 Kitayama, Chino 391-0301
- Lake Suwa Geyser Center : Hot Spring Geyser and 7-Spring Craters
- Katakurakan Bath House : Historical Roman-themed Bath House
- Honjin Iwanami-ke Museum : Edo-Era Traveler's Lodge with the Nakasendo's Best Garden
- Suwa Taisha(Grand Shrine) Shimosha Akimiya : One of the four Grand Shrines of Suwa, Featuring an Ancient 800-Year Old Tree and Colossal Straw Rope
- Suwa Grand Shrine Kamisuwa Honmiya (Main Hall) : Historical Shrine of the Great Pillars Festival
- Ikenotaira Hotel & Resort at Shirakaba Lake : Full-scale Family Resort Offering a Hassle-Free Stay.
- Auberge Tsutsuji to Kaede in Tateshina : Auberge Restaurant-Inn featuring an open-air onsen bath.
- Tateshina Tokyu Hotel : Classic, Luxury Hotel Perfect for Enjoying the Tateshina Wilderness.
- Resort Hotel Tateshina : Resort Hotel on the Shores of Tateshina Lake Surrounded by Forests at the Foot of Mt.Yatsugatake.
- Tateshina-Ai : Indigo dye-themed hotel featuring traditional kaiseki-style dinners.
- Restaurant CLASUWA : Suwa Lakeside Stylish Restaurant.
- Sen no Mizu : Heart-warming Nostalgic Home-style Cooking.
- Soba Hojyo-an : Locally Grown and Milled "Homecoming Soba".
- Teisyaba Garden : Tea Time in a Community Flower Garden.
- Cafe Levian Table & Tatami-Cafe Eboshi : Artisan Bakery in a Sake Warehouse.
- Visit to Nagato Ranch Dairy Farm : Make Ice Cream, Butter and More at this Working Dairy Farm.
- Wintertime Family Fun at a Snow Park : Exclusive Snow Park 1 Minute Walk from this Shirakaba Lake Hotel.
- Outdoor Family Fun at a Lakeside Amusement Park : Amusement Park and Adventure in the Great Outdoors Beside Shirakaba Lake.
- Hotto Stay Rural Visit : Rural Lifestyle Mini-Experience.
- Outdoor sculptures : See Spectacular Artwork in a Spectacular Mountaintop Setting.