Suwa Taisha(Grand Shrine) Shimosha Akimiya : 諏訪大社下社秋宮
One of the four Grand Shrines of Suwa, Featuring an Ancient 800-Year Old Tree and Colossal Straw Rope
Located at the intersection of the Nakasendo Road between Kyoto and Edo (modern-day Tokyo) and the Kosho Road to Yamanashi Prefecture, Shimosuwa's Akinomiya is one the 4 shrines that make up the Grand Shrines of Suwa. After passing under the impressively large torii gate, visitors are met by a gargantuan 800-year old cedar tree. Past the tree is the Kagura Hall, built in 1835. The two 'Komainu' dog statues on either side are both 1.70m long, the largest such bronze statues in Japan. The size of the Kagura Hall's 'shime-nawa' straw rope will amaze you. All of this adds up to a profound spritual experience for visitors to Akinomiya.
- Hours :
tel : +81(0)266-27-8035
- By Train
- From Shimosuwa Station(JR Chuo Line), 10 min walk
- By Car
- From Okaya IC, 4km 15min
From Suwa IC, 10km 25 min
- 5828 Shimosuwa, Suwa 393-0052
- Honjin Iwanami-ke Museum : Edo-Era Traveler's Lodge with the Nakasendo's Best Garden
- Lake Suwa Geyser Center : Hot Spring Geyser and 7-Spring Craters
- Katakurakan Bath House : Historical Roman-themed Bath House
- Okaya Silk Museum “Silk Fact Okaya” : Silk Museum Adjacent to an Actual Operating Silk Factory
- Suwa Garasunosato (Glass Center) : Japan's Largest Glass Art-Related Activities Center
- Chosenkaku Kameya in Shimo-Suwa : 300-Year Old Inn With Famous Garden and Bath, Adjacent to Akinomiya Suwa Grand Shrine.
- Hotel Beniya at Lake Suwa : Hotel Offering a Choice of Rooms, Meals and Onsen Baths.
- Aburaya Ryokan at Lake Suwa : Lakeside Onsen Hotel Known for Friendly Hospitality.
- RAKO Hananoi Hotel at Lake Suwa : Luxurious, Relaxing Lakeside Hotel.
- B&B Megu House ZuKu in Suwa : Stay with the Itoh Family at their Typical Japanese House.
- Restaurant CLASUWA : Suwa Lakeside Stylish Restaurant.
- Sen no Mizu : Heart-warming Nostalgic Home-style Cooking.
- Say (Soan Annex Zama) in Nakamachi : Soan's Location in Matsumoto's Historical Nakamachi District.
- Ajari Cafe : Home of the Popular Ajari Burger.
- Marumo : Folkcraft-themed Coffee Shop for Coffee Enthusiasts.
- Music Box Workshop : Discover the Wonders of Music Boxes
- Watchmaking : Assemble a Watch in Suwa, the Switzerland of Japan.
- Lake Suwa Fireworks Display : Watch Nagano’s Biggest Fireworks Displays (One of the Most Famous in Japan).
- Sake Tasting at the Venerable Masumi Brewery : Sample Sake at Nagano’s Premier Brewery, Birthplace of Yeast Number Seven.
- Wintertime Family Fun at a Snow Park : Exclusive Snow Park 1 Minute Walk from this Shirakaba Lake Hotel.