Places of Lodging - High Class Hotel
Hoshinoya Karuizawa : 星のや 軽井沢
“Discover the Ultimate Japan Experience”
A new class of Japanese resorts infused with contemporary style, and is dedicated to upholding the standard of Japanese hospitality. Located one hour from Tokyo by bullet train, in Nagano Prefecture, HOSHINOYA Karuizawa is a secluded resort surrounded by mountains and forests. HOSHINOYA’s original ecotours offer unforgettable and exciting encounters with nature. Experience full relaxation in our hot spring baths and spa with extensive treatment menu.
- Available in all guestrooms.
- Wheelchair can be arranged with advance notification.
- reservation is needed
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- From 56,000. Meals separate. Price per person based on double occupancy, minimum 2 night stay.
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex
- Reservations :
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English, Chinese, Korean
- Room Types :
- Western Style(77 room(s))
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Not Provided
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
- Not Available
tel : +81(0)50-3786-0066 Official site
- By Train
- From Karuizawa Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), 15 min by taxi. Shuttle bus from the south exit to Hoshino Area available.
- By Car
- From Usui-Karuizawa IC, 20 min
- Sightseeing Spots
- Former Mikasa Hotel : Karuizawa's Landmark Japanese-built “Western” Hotel
- St. Paul Catholic Church : Romantic Chapel Vestige of Karuizawa’s Missionary Roots
- Kyu-Karuizawa : The Iconic Main Street of Old Karuizawa.
- Karuizawa Prince Shopping Plaza : Vast Outlet Shopping Mall in Nagano’s Great Outdoors
- Shaw Memorial Church : Oldest Church in Karuizawa Memorializing the Resort Town’s Founding Father
- Places of Lodging
- Karuizawa's Cottage inn Log-Cabin : Log Cabin in the Woods -- Best Way to Enjoy Karuizawa's Nature.
- Candytuft : Small, Family-run Pension in the Heart of Sylvan Karuizawa.
- Karuizawa Prince Hotels : More Than Just a Place to Stay, a Myriad of Activities to Enjoy.
- Takamine Onsen "Lamp Inn" : Romantic “Oil Lamp”-themed inn located at 2000 m featuring a panoramic “Above-the-Clouds” Bath.
- Mountainside Tokiwakan in Komoro : Ride a Cable Car to an Above-The-Clouds Outdoor Onsen Bath.
- Shabu-shabu Log-tei : Wagyu dining in Karuizawa's forest.
- Karuizawa Torimikura : Poultry Restaurant boasting Local-Sourcing and Local-Cuisine.
- Akaneya Coffee : Cafe Where Every Menu Item is an Original.
- Karuizawa Meiji-tei : Unbearably Delicious Sauce Katsu-don.
- Sekisyo-Chaya : Japanese Eatery Close to Karuizawa Sta. with Fresh Fish Straight from the Sea of Japan, Local Poultry and Wide Variety of Sake.
- Flying Squirrel Watching Tour : Twilight Forest Walk to See Flying Squirrels.
- Glass Blowing in Karuizawa : Try a New Experience While Visiting Nagano – Glassblowing!
- Curling Lesson 60 : Try Your Hand at Curling at Japan's Largest Year-Round Curling Center.
- Jam-Making and Jam Factory Tour : Learn How to Make Jam From a Professional
- Onsen-by-Cable-Car: Hishino Onsen Tokiwakan : Ride a Cable Car up to Tokiwakan’s Panorama Onsen Baths.