Sekisyo-Chaya : 和食居酒屋 関所茶屋
Japanese Eatery Close to Karuizawa Sta. with Fresh Fish Straight from the Sea of Japan, Local Poultry and Wide Variety of Sake.
Located 3 minutes by foot from Karuizawa Station's north exit. Sashimi and grilled fish from seafood brought in fresh straight from the Sea of Japan. Tsukune Nabe stew with chicken meatballs with the distinct firm texture of the local variety of poultry called Akagikei. Over 80 menu items with carefully selected ingredients. Wide selection of sake and shochu. A variety of options for lunch and set menus. Especially popular is the Tendon (Tempura Rice Bowl) Special with a whole shrimp. Free coffee with meal during weekdays. The casualness of a pub with the unbeatable taste of a fine Japanese restaurant.
- Hours :
- 11:30-14:00 16:30-23:00
- Date(s) :
- Open daily Jul. - Sep. (closed irregularly other months)
- Average Price :
- Lunch 788-1,058 Dinner +1,500
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Diners、JCB
- Reservations :
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- (English and Chinese menus available.)
- Seating Style :
- Floor Seating(32 seat(s)), Chairs(15 seat(s))
tel : +81(0)267-42-4287 fax : +81(0)267-42-0069 Official site
- By Train
- From Karuizawa Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), 3 min walk from the Kita-guchi (north exit)
- By Car
- From Usui-Karuizawa IC, 10 min
- 11-1 Karuizawa-Higashi, Karuizawa, Kitasaku 389-0104
- Karuizawa Prince Shopping Plaza : Vast Outlet Shopping Mall in Nagano’s Great Outdoors
- Kyu-Karuizawa : The Iconic Main Street of Old Karuizawa.
- St. Paul Catholic Church : Romantic Chapel Vestige of Karuizawa’s Missionary Roots
- Shaw Memorial Church : Oldest Church in Karuizawa Memorializing the Resort Town’s Founding Father
- Former Mikasa Hotel : Karuizawa's Landmark Japanese-built “Western” Hotel
- Karuizawa Prince Hotels : More Than Just a Place to Stay, a Myriad of Activities to Enjoy.
- Candytuft : Small, Family-run Pension in the Heart of Sylvan Karuizawa.
- Highland Inn ease : Pension in Southern Karuizawa Popular With Foreigners.
- Karuizawa's Cottage inn Log-Cabin : Log Cabin in the Woods -- Best Way to Enjoy Karuizawa's Nature.
- Hoshinoya Karuizawa : “Discover the Ultimate Japan Experience”
- Karuizawa Meiji-tei : Unbearably Delicious Sauce Katsu-don.
- Akaneya Coffee : Cafe Where Every Menu Item is an Original.
- Sasa : Popular Soba and other Japanese Dishes at Reasonable Prices.
- Karuizawa Torimikura : Poultry Restaurant boasting Local-Sourcing and Local-Cuisine.
- Shabu-shabu Log-tei : Wagyu dining in Karuizawa's forest.
- Glass Blowing in Karuizawa : Try a New Experience While Visiting Nagano – Glassblowing!
- Curling Lesson 60 : Try Your Hand at Curling at Japan's Largest Year-Round Curling Center.
- Flying Squirrel Watching Tour : Twilight Forest Walk to See Flying Squirrels.
- Jam-Making and Jam Factory Tour : Learn How to Make Jam From a Professional
- Onsen-by-Cable-Car : Ride a Cable Car up to Tokiwakan’s Panorama Onsen Baths.