Soba Noodle Making in Matsumoto
Soba Takagi : 和食そば処たかぎ
Make (then Eat!) Soba at this Premier Noodle Shop 2 Minutes from Matsumoto Castle.
Nagano Prefecture is famous for soba noodles. Many places throughout the prefecture offer soba-uchi (making soba noodles by hand) experiences. Castle-town Matsumoto's Takagi has been making soba for over 135 years. Participants learn how to make soba at this very historical shop. Once you make the noodles, you are welcome to take them home as souvenirs or to eat them at the shop. (If eating the noodles, allow for 1 hour.)
- Free Hot Spot available for two times for up to 10 min each.
- Wheel chair accessible toilet on the 4th floor.
- Hours :
- Shop hours 9:00-18:30. Soba-uchi noodle making is offered from 10:30 and from 15:30.
- Date(s) :
- Open daily throughout the year.
- Cost / Price of Admission :
- 1 batch (serves 3 people) 3,000 (minimum 2 batches)
- Time Required :
- 1 hour+
- Reservations :
- Required(Reservations required 1 week in advance.)
- # of Participants :
- Foreign Languages :
- By Train
- From Matsumoto Station(JR Shinonoi Line), 13 min walk
- By Car
- From Matsumoto IC, 15 min by taxi
- 3-5-12 Ote, Matsumoto 390-0874
- Matsumoto Castle (National Treasure) : One of Japan's Finest Castles, With the Japanese Alps as a Backdrop
- Nawate Dori (street) in Matsumoto City : Frog Street -- Matsumoto's Edo Era-themed Shopping Street
- Nakamachi Street in Matsumoto City : Matsumoto's Commercial Street with Distinctive Black & White Contrasting Storehouses
- Matsumoto City Museum of Art : Museum Featuring Works by Matsumoto's Favorite Daughter, World-Famous Yayoi Kusama.
- Daio Wasabi Farm : Japan's Largest Wasabi Farm in the Pristine Waters of Azumino
- Matsumoto Marunouchi Hotel : Hotel Located Steps from Matsumoto Castle in the City's Historical and Cultural Heart.
- Matsumoto Hotel Kagetsu : Hotel with Japanese Accents in the Heart of Matsumoto.
- Matsumoto's Ryokan (Hotel) Marumo : "Dozo" Storehouse-styled Inn Steeped in Matsumoto's Castle Town Ambience.
- Matsumoto's Nunoya Ryokan : Wooden Inn in Central Matsumoto, Featured in Lonely Planet
- Candela Guest House in Matsumoto : Hideaway Located in a Remodeled Miso Warehouse 5 min from Matsumoto Castle.
- Bakery Cafe SWEET in Nawate : Matsumoto's Old-Time Bakery Cafe.
- Kurassic-kan : Coffee Shop in a Storehouse Built in 1888, With a Japanese Garden.
- Marumo : Folkcraft-themed Coffee Shop for Coffee Enthusiasts.
- Hikari-ya Higashi : Fine Japanese Dining in a Stylishly Remodeled 130-Year-Old Storehouse.
- Hikari-ya Nishi : Macrobiotic Fine French Dining in a Remodeled 120-Year Old Storehouse.
- 'Temari' Handball Workshop : A Symbol of Matsumoto, Make a Temari Ball as a Momento of your Stay.
- Guided Tour of Matsumoto Castle : Tour National Treasure Matsumoto Castle with the Helpful ALSA Guides.
- Seiji Ozawa Matsumoto Festival : Hear World-renowned Musicians from across the Globe Perform in Matsumoto.
- Ishii Miso Factory : Matsumoto’s Famous Maker of Aged Miso
- Crafts Fair Matsumoto : Browse Japan’s Premier Outdoor Arts & Crafts Fair.