Hikari-ya Higashi : ヒカリヤヒガシ
Fine Japanese Dining in a Stylishly Remodeled 130-Year-Old Storehouse.
Originally the main residence of a wealthy Matsumoto merchant, the 130-year-old earthen-walled structure has been remodeled into a stylish restaurant featuring the original short entrance guests have to duck through, and the interior with an 'irori' hearth and the 'kamado' oven for steaming rice. Fine Japanese cuisine with a focus on locally-sourced ingredients is served by traditionally-garbed staff in in subdued lighting at night, creating a relaxed, timeless ambience.
- Hours :
- 11:30-14:30（L.O 13:30) 17:30-22:00 (L.O 21:00)
- Date(s) :
- Closed Wednesdays
- Average Price :
- Lunch ¥2,000-3,000, Dinner ¥7,000-10,000
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex
- Reservations :
- Not required
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- Seating Style :
- Floor Seating(60 seat(s))
tel : +81(0)263-38-0068 fax : +81(0)263-38-0234 Official site
- By Train
- From Matsumoto Station(JR Shinonoi Line), 15 min walk from Oshiro-Guchi Exit
- By Car
- From Matsumoto IC, 20 min
- 4-7-14 Ote, Matsumoto 390-0874
- Nawate Dori (street) in Matsumoto City : Frog Street -- Matsumoto's Edo Era-themed Shopping Street
- Nakamachi Street in Matsumoto City : Matsumoto's Commercial Street with Distinctive Black & White Contrasting Storehouses
- Matsumoto City Museum of Art : Museum Featuring Works by Matsumoto's Favorite Daughter, World-Famous Yayoi Kusama.
- Matsumoto Castle (National Treasure) : One of Japan's Finest Castles, With the Japanese Alps as a Backdrop
- Daio Wasabi Farm : Japan's Largest Wasabi Farm in the Pristine Waters of Azumino
- Matsumoto Hotel Kagetsu : Hotel with Japanese Accents in the Heart of Matsumoto.
- Matsumoto's Ryokan (Hotel) Marumo : "Dozo" Storehouse-styled Inn Steeped in Matsumoto's Castle Town Ambience.
- Matsumoto's Nunoya Ryokan : Wooden Inn in Central Matsumoto, Featured in Lonely Planet
- Matsumoto Marunouchi Hotel : Hotel Located Steps from Matsumoto Castle in the City's Historical and Cultural Heart.
- Candela Guest House in Matsumoto : Hideaway Located in a Remodeled Miso Warehouse 5 min from Matsumoto Castle.
- Hikari-ya Nishi : Macrobiotic Fine French Dining in a Remodeled 120-Year Old Storehouse.
- Marumo : Folkcraft-themed Coffee Shop for Coffee Enthusiasts.
- Kurassic-kan : Coffee Shop in a Storehouse Built in 1888, With a Japanese Garden.
- Bakery Cafe SWEET in Nawate : Matsumoto's Old-Time Bakery Cafe.
- Ishii Miso Restaurant : Limited Availability (10 Servings per Day) Miso-based Lunch Straight from the 'Kura' (Maker).
- 'Temari' Handball Workshop : A Symbol of Matsumoto, Make a Temari Ball as a Momento of your Stay.
- Soba Noodle Making in Matsumoto : Make (then Eat!) Soba at this Premier Noodle Shop 2 Minutes from Matsumoto Castle.
- Guided Tour of Matsumoto Castle : Tour National Treasure Matsumoto Castle with the Helpful ALSA Guides.
- Seiji Ozawa Matsumoto Festival : Hear World-renowned Musicians from across the Globe Perform in Matsumoto.
- Ishii Miso Factory : Matsumoto’s Famous Maker of Aged Miso