Katakurakan Bath House : 信州／上諏訪温泉 片倉館
Historical Roman-themed Bath House
During the Meiji and Taiho eras, Suwa’s Katakura family made a fortune in the silk industry and used that wealth to build the Katakurakan bath house. Featuring a gothic-style façade but Japanese design touches in the interior, the building is a whimsical mixture of styles. The building and the marble bath are designated as Important National Artifacts, with the expansive bath nicknamed the “Thousand-person Bath”.
- Hours :
- 10：00-21：00 (Last Entrance 20:30)
- Date(s) :
- Closed the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of every month.
- Entrance Price :
- Adults 650, Children 450
- Reservations :
- Not required
- Capacity :
- Luggage Storage :
- Not Available
tel : +81(0)266-52-0604 fax : +81(0)266-52-0672 Official site
- By Train
- From Kamisuwa Station(JR Chuo Line), 8 min walk
- By Car
- From Suwa IC, 15 min
- 4-1-9 Kogandori, Suwa 392-0027
- Lake Suwa Geyser Center : Hot Spring Geyser and 7-Spring Craters
- Suwa Taisha(Grand Shrine) Shimosha Akimiya : One of the four Grand Shrines of Suwa, Featuring an Ancient 800-Year Old Tree and Colossal Straw Rope
- Honjin Iwanami-ke Museum : Edo-Era Traveler's Lodge with the Nakasendo's Best Garden
- Suwa Garasunosato (Glass Center) : Japan's Largest Glass Art-Related Activities Center
- Suwa Grand Shrine Kamisuwa Honmiya (Main Hall) : Historical Shrine of the Great Pillars Festival
- Aburaya Ryokan at Lake Suwa : Lakeside Onsen Hotel Known for Friendly Hospitality.
- Hotel Beniya at Lake Suwa : Hotel Offering a Choice of Rooms, Meals and Onsen Baths.
- RAKO Hananoi Hotel at Lake Suwa : Luxurious, Relaxing Lakeside Hotel.
- B&B Megu House ZuKu in Suwa : Stay with the Itoh Family at their Typical Japanese House.
- Chosenkaku Kameya in Shimo-Suwa : 300-Year Old Inn With Famous Garden and Bath, Adjacent to Akinomiya Suwa Grand Shrine.
- Restaurant CLASUWA : Suwa Lakeside Stylish Restaurant.
- Sen no Mizu : Heart-warming Nostalgic Home-style Cooking.
- Say (Soan Annex Zama) in Nakamachi : Soan's Location in Matsumoto's Historical Nakamachi District.
- Ajari Cafe : Home of the Popular Ajari Burger.
- Marumo : Folkcraft-themed Coffee Shop for Coffee Enthusiasts.
- Sake Tasting at the Venerable Masumi Brewery : Sample Sake at Nagano’s Premier Brewery, Birthplace of Yeast Number Seven.
- Lake Suwa Fireworks Display : Watch Nagano’s Biggest Fireworks Displays (One of the Most Famous in Japan).
- Watchmaking : Assemble a Watch in Suwa, the Switzerland of Japan.
- Music Box Workshop : Discover the Wonders of Music Boxes
- Wintertime Family Fun at a Snow Park : Exclusive Snow Park 1 Minute Walk from this Shirakaba Lake Hotel.