Tobira Onsen Myojinkan : 扉温泉 明神館
A solitary inn tucked into the foothills at the 1050m level of the Utsukushigahara Plateau. Relais & Châteaux member.
Located deep in the mountains surrounded by a birch forest quiet except for the songs of wild birds and the gurgling of a stream, this hidden inn features traditional Japanese design masterfully blended with Western touches. Myojinkan prides itself in being a premier Japanese resort that continues to evolve. With large windows in the guestroom and onsen baths that open out to the stream valley, guests will feel at one with nature. Experienced chefs use the freshest local ingredients and their imaginative and skilled methods to create unforgettable meals. When making their reservation, guests can choose from traditional Japanese kaiseki-style, modern-Japanese or fine French. (The French dinner employs a macrobiotic healthy diet.)
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex
- Reservations :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (English brochure available.)
- Room Types :
- Japanese Style(27 room(s)), Western Style(17 room(s))
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
- Not Available
tel : +81(0)263-31-2301 fax : +81(0)263-31-2345 Official site
- By Train
- From Matsumoto Station(JR Shinonoi Line), 30 min by taxi. Free shuttle service available (prior reservation required)
- By Car
- From Matsumoto IC, via Prefectural Road 67 to Utsukushigahara Plateau, approx. 17km (40 min).
- Iriyamabe, Matsumoto 390-0222
- Daio Wasabi Farm : Japan's Largest Wasabi Farm in the Pristine Waters of Azumino
- Honjin Iwanami-ke Museum : Edo-Era Traveler's Lodge with the Nakasendo's Best Garden
- Suwa Taisha(Grand Shrine) Shimosha Akimiya : One of the four Grand Shrines of Suwa, Featuring an Ancient 800-Year Old Tree and Colossal Straw Rope
- Matsumoto City Museum of Art : Museum Featuring Works by Matsumoto's Favorite Daughter, World-Famous Yayoi Kusama.
- Nakamachi Street in Matsumoto City : Matsumoto's Commercial Street with Distinctive Black & White Contrasting Storehouses
- Hotel Shoho in Matsumoto's Utsukushigahara Onsen : Matsumoto City – Utsukushigahara Onsen’s Landmark Accommodation.
- Ryokan Sugimoto in Matsumoto's Utsukushigahara Onsen : 3-Story Wooden Inn featuring jazz music and folk craft touches.
- Chosenkaku Kameya in Shimo-Suwa : 300-Year Old Inn With Famous Garden and Bath, Adjacent to Akinomiya Suwa Grand Shrine.
- Hotel Saginoyu at Lake Suwa : Classic Luxury at Suwa's Original Lakeside Hotel, with Distinct Amber-Colored Onsen Water.
- Matsumoto's Nunoya Ryokan : Wooden Inn in Central Matsumoto, Featured in Lonely Planet
- Say (Soan Annex Zama) in Nakamachi : Soan's Location in Matsumoto's Historical Nakamachi District.
- Hikari-ya Nishi : Macrobiotic Fine French Dining in a Remodeled 120-Year Old Storehouse.
- Hikari-ya Higashi : Fine Japanese Dining in a Stylishly Remodeled 130-Year-Old Storehouse.
- Marumo : Folkcraft-themed Coffee Shop for Coffee Enthusiasts.
- Kurassic-kan : Coffee Shop in a Storehouse Built in 1888, With a Japanese Garden.
- Outdoor sculptures : See Spectacular Artwork in a Spectacular Mountaintop Setting.
- Crafts Fair Matsumoto : Browse Japan’s Premier Outdoor Arts & Crafts Fair.
- Music Box Workshop : Discover the Wonders of Music Boxes
- Ishii Miso Factory : Matsumoto’s Famous Maker of Aged Miso
- Seiji Ozawa Matsumoto Festival : Hear World-renowned Musicians from across the Globe Perform in Matsumoto.