Glass Blowing in Karuizawa
Karuizawa Glass Studio : 軽井沢ガラス工房
Try a New Experience While Visiting Nagano – Glassblowing!
Enjoy learning how to blow glass at Nagano's classy resort town, Karuizawa.
Nestled at the base of the volcanic Mt. Asama, Karuizawa is a resort town where people from Tokyo come to escape the heat in the summer. Besides shopping and outdoors activities, Karuizawa also boasts many arts and crafts centers. One, the Karuizawa Glass Studio, offers glass blowing lessons. Pick out your preferred shape and colors and experience how to use basic glass blowing techniques to make a one-of-a-kind water glass.
- Hours :
- Date(s) :
- Closed Wednesday and Thursdays (Open daily Jul. thru Sep.)
- Cost / Price of Admission :
- 3,300 to make one glass.
- Time Required :
- 30 min+ Finished product will be mailed or can be picked up next day.
- Reservations :
- Required(Recommended. Telephone, fax or e-mail your name, contact number, requested date and time and number of people.)
- # of Participants :
- 1+ (Contact directly for max # of people)
- Foreign Languages :
- English (Basic English is spoken. English signage / instruction is available.)
- Luggage Storage :
- Not Available
English signage and lots of body language. Ages 7+.
Blown glass is ready for shipping or picking up the following day. Either arrange for shipping (charges apply) or come to pick-up yourself.
Glass blowing for groups can't always be accommodated due to the amount of time required.
tel : +81(0)267-48-0881 fax : +81(0)267-48-0881 Official site
- By Train
- From Karuizawa or Naka-Karuizawa stations on the Shinano Railway line(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), Take rental bicycle south to Route 18 Bypass (20 min. from K'zawa, 10 min. from Naka-K'zawa).
- By Car
- From Saku IC, Go left (southeast) from the offramp 270m to the 'Saku IC Higashi' signal and turn left onto Route 9. Proceed north 4.5km to Route 18 and turn right. Go east 7.6km and bear right onto the R18 Bypass. Continue east 3.8km and the glass studio will be on the right.
From Usui-Karuizawa IC, 10 min
- 664－9 Shiozawa,Nagakura , Karuizawa, Kitasaku 389-0111
- Karuizawa Prince Shopping Plaza : Vast Outlet Shopping Mall in Nagano’s Great Outdoors
- Kyu-Karuizawa : The Iconic Main Street of Old Karuizawa.
- St. Paul Catholic Church : Romantic Chapel Vestige of Karuizawa’s Missionary Roots
- Former Mikasa Hotel : Karuizawa's Landmark Japanese-built “Western” Hotel
- Shaw Memorial Church : Oldest Church in Karuizawa Memorializing the Resort Town’s Founding Father
- Candytuft : Small, Family-run Pension in the Heart of Sylvan Karuizawa.
- Karuizawa's Cottage inn Log-Cabin : Log Cabin in the Woods -- Best Way to Enjoy Karuizawa's Nature.
- Hoshinoya Karuizawa : “Discover the Ultimate Japan Experience”
- Karuizawa Prince Hotels : More Than Just a Place to Stay, a Myriad of Activities to Enjoy.
- Takamine Onsen "Lamp Inn" : Romantic “Oil Lamp”-themed inn located at 2000 m featuring a panoramic “Above-the-Clouds” Bath.
- Karuizawa Torimikura : Poultry Restaurant boasting Local-Sourcing and Local-Cuisine.
- Shabu-shabu Log-tei : Wagyu dining in Karuizawa's forest.
- Karuizawa Meiji-tei : Unbearably Delicious Sauce Katsu-don.
- Sekisyo-Chaya : Japanese Eatery Close to Karuizawa Sta. with Fresh Fish Straight from the Sea of Japan, Local Poultry and Wide Variety of Sake.
- Sasa : Popular Soba and other Japanese Dishes at Reasonable Prices.
- Flying Squirrel Watching Tour : Twilight Forest Walk to See Flying Squirrels.
- Curling Lesson 60 : Try Your Hand at Curling at Japan's Largest Year-Round Curling Center.
- Jam-Making and Jam Factory Tour : Learn How to Make Jam From a Professional
- Onsen-by-Cable-Car: Hishino Onsen Tokiwakan : Ride a Cable Car up to Tokiwakan’s Panorama Onsen Baths.
- Volunteer Guide Tours in Ueda : Have a Volunteer English Guide Show You Ueda's Castle Town!