Shiraito Waterfall : 白糸の滝
70 meter-Wide Sylvan Waterfall
Groundwater flows through the subterranean volcanic stratum at the base of Mt. Asama, surfacing along the rim of a 70 meter wide curve. The resulting Shiraito Waterfall is unique in that is fed not by a river or stream, but by this groundwater. Although the falls are only 3 meters tall, their width along with the crystal-clear water, moss-covered rocks and lush forest setting make for a beautiful scene. “Shiraito” means “white threads”, referring to the graceful thread-like streams of water cascading down the falls. The vivid green of new growth in the spring, bright sunlight during the summer, and gorgeous colors of the leaves in the fall make Shiraito Waterfall popular many months of the year.
- Entrance Price :
Tel# is for the Karuizawa Tourism Hall.
tel : +81(0)267-42-5538 Karuizawa Tourism Hall(軽井沢観光会館)
- By Train
- From Karuizawa Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), From the Kita-Guchi (north) exit, take the Kusa-Karu Bus from platform #2 (bound for Kusatsu), Shiraito no Take stop (approx. 25 min), then 5 min on foot.
- By Car
- From Usui-Karuizawa IC, 45 min
- Nagakura, Karuizawa, Kitasaku 389-0100
- Former Mikasa Hotel : Karuizawa's Landmark Japanese-built “Western” Hotel
- St. Paul Catholic Church : Romantic Chapel Vestige of Karuizawa’s Missionary Roots
- Shaw Memorial Church : Oldest Church in Karuizawa Memorializing the Resort Town’s Founding Father
- Kyu-Karuizawa : The Iconic Main Street of Old Karuizawa.
- Karuizawa Prince Shopping Plaza : Vast Outlet Shopping Mall in Nagano’s Great Outdoors
- Hoshinoya Karuizawa : “Discover the Ultimate Japan Experience”
- Karuizawa's Cottage inn Log-Cabin : Log Cabin in the Woods -- Best Way to Enjoy Karuizawa's Nature.
- Candytuft : Small, Family-run Pension in the Heart of Sylvan Karuizawa.
- Karuizawa Prince Hotels : More Than Just a Place to Stay, a Myriad of Activities to Enjoy.
- Highland Inn ease : Pension in Southern Karuizawa Popular With Foreigners.
- Shabu-shabu Log-tei : Wagyu dining in Karuizawa's forest.
- Akaneya Coffee : Cafe Where Every Menu Item is an Original.
- Karuizawa Torimikura : Poultry Restaurant boasting Local-Sourcing and Local-Cuisine.
- Sekisyo-Chaya : Japanese Eatery Close to Karuizawa Sta. with Fresh Fish Straight from the Sea of Japan, Local Poultry and Wide Variety of Sake.
- Karuizawa Meiji-tei : Unbearably Delicious Sauce Katsu-don.
- Flying Squirrel Watching Tour : Twilight Forest Walk to See Flying Squirrels.
- Glass Blowing in Karuizawa : Try a New Experience While Visiting Nagano – Glassblowing!
- Curling Lesson 60 : Try Your Hand at Curling at Japan's Largest Year-Round Curling Center.
- Jam-Making and Jam Factory Tour : Learn How to Make Jam From a Professional
- Onsen-by-Cable-Car : Ride a Cable Car up to Tokiwakan’s Panorama Onsen Baths.