Activities - Activities
Curling Lesson 60
Karuizawa Ice Park : 軽井沢アイスパーク
Try Your Hand at Curling at Japan's Largest Year-Round Curling Center.
60-Minute Curling Lesson at the Karuizawa Ice Park, the largest year-round curling center in Japan.
Experience curling in Karuizawa, the site of 1998 Nagano Winter Olympics curling competition. The 60-minute lesson Kariuzawa Ice Park, built in 2013, includes a complete explanation about curling by a qualified instructor.
- Hours :
- Date(s) :
- 12/31, 1/01. Lessons not available when court is in use.
- Cost / Price of Admission :
- 2,380 for 60 min lesson. Other programs also available.
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex
- Reservations :
- Required(Required. E-mail your name, contact number, requested date and time, and # of people.)
- # of Participants :
- Foreign Languages :
- (Instruction in Japanese. )
- Luggage Storage :
- Not Available
Wear warm clothes comfortable for exercise. Bring a knit hat and gloves (rental wear available).
*Conditions apply to credit card use.
*People who have been drinking alcohol will not be allowed to participate, even if they have a reservation.
*Check-in 30 min before your scheduled start time.
tel : +81(0)267-48-5555 fax : +81(0)267-48-5589 Official site
- By Train
- From Karuizawa Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), 15 min by taxi.
- By Car
- From Saku IC, Take Route 9 north to Route 18 and turn right. Proceed east into Karuizawa to the junction with the Route 18 Karuizawa Bypass. Take the Bypass 4.0km to Shiozawa signal and turn right. Ice Park will be on right in 1.8km (total 17.7km, 30 min.)
From Usui-Karuizawa IC, Take Route 18 Karuizawa Bypass and 1km (15 min) from 'Shiozawa' signal.
- 1154-1,Hacchi,Karuizawa, Kitasaku,389-0113
- Sightseeing Spots
- Karuizawa Prince Shopping Plaza : Vast Outlet Shopping Mall in Nagano’s Great Outdoors
- Kyu-Karuizawa : The Iconic Main Street of Old Karuizawa.
- St. Paul Catholic Church : Romantic Chapel Vestige of Karuizawa’s Missionary Roots
- Oiwake-juku Post Town : Historical Crossroads Post Town Popular with Literary Scholars
- Shaw Memorial Church : Oldest Church in Karuizawa Memorializing the Resort Town’s Founding Father
- Places of Lodging
- Karuizawa's Cottage inn Log-Cabin : Log Cabin in the Woods -- Best Way to Enjoy Karuizawa's Nature.
- Candytuft : Small, Family-run Pension in the Heart of Sylvan Karuizawa.
- Hoshinoya Karuizawa : “Discover the Ultimate Japan Experience”
- Karuizawa Prince Hotels : More Than Just a Place to Stay, a Myriad of Activities to Enjoy.
- Mountainside Tokiwakan in Komoro : Ride a Cable Car to an Above-The-Clouds Outdoor Onsen Bath.
- Shabu-shabu Log-tei : Wagyu dining in Karuizawa's forest.
- Karuizawa Torimikura : Poultry Restaurant boasting Local-Sourcing and Local-Cuisine.
- Sasa : Popular Soba and other Japanese Dishes at Reasonable Prices.
- Karuizawa Meiji-tei : Unbearably Delicious Sauce Katsu-don.
- Sekisyo-Chaya : Japanese Eatery Close to Karuizawa Sta. with Fresh Fish Straight from the Sea of Japan, Local Poultry and Wide Variety of Sake.
- Jam-Making and Jam Factory Tour : Learn How to Make Jam From a Professional
- Glass Blowing in Karuizawa : Try a New Experience While Visiting Nagano – Glassblowing!
- Flying Squirrel Watching Tour : Twilight Forest Walk to See Flying Squirrels.
- Onsen-by-Cable-Car: Hishino Onsen Tokiwakan : Ride a Cable Car up to Tokiwakan’s Panorama Onsen Baths.
- Volunteer Guide Tours in Ueda : Have a Volunteer English Guide Show You Ueda's Castle Town!