Zazen Meditation -- At Bessho Onsen's Historical Anraku-ji Temple
Anraku-ji Temple : 安楽寺
Attend a Zazen Meditation Session at Bessho Onsen’s Historical Anraku-Ji Temple.
Put aside your daily troubles and discover your innerself via an early morning zazen meditation session at Bessho Onsen's historical Anraku-ji Temple. Sessions offered by appointment.
Zazen meditation can be done any time, any place. But what makes doing zazen in Nagano unique is that the stillness of the countryside here lends itself perfectly to doing meditation. Plus, we have some rather unique zazen meditation sessions here for you to experience.
Anraku-ji's 8-sided pagoda is a national treasure, and provides a powerful backdrop to your zazen meditation session.
- Hours :
- Offered as needed 08:00-17:00 (-16:00 Nov thru Feb)
- Date(s) :
- Unavailable when ceremonies / services are scheduled.
- Cost / Price of Admission :
- 500 per person for zazen lesson.
- Time Required :
- 30 min-1 hour
- Reservations :
- Required(Required 5 days in advance by telephone. )
- # of Participants :
- Foreign Languages :
- (Zazen instruction in Japanese. Interpreter required.)
- Luggage Storage :
- Not Available
tel : +81(0)268-38-2062 fax : +81(0)268-38-2133 Official site
- By Train
- From Bessho Onsen Station(Ueda Dentetsu Bessho Line), Walk up Route 82 to the west, (900m, 13 min)
- By Car
- From Ueda Sugadaira IC, Take Route 18 Bypass. After crossing the Chikuma River turn left on to Route 65 then left again on to Route 177 which turns into Route 82 in Bessho Onsen. (17.5m, 30 min)
- 2361 Bessho Onsen, Ueda 386-1431
- Ikushima-Tarushima Shrine : Distinct Vermilion-colored Shrine in Japan's Geographic Center
- Uedajo Castle Ruin Park : Invincible Castle Famous for Twice Repulsing the Tokugawa Shogunate.
- Daio Wasabi Farm : Japan's Largest Wasabi Farm in the Pristine Waters of Azumino
- Yanagi-Machi Post Town : The Past Meets the Present in Ueda City’s Historical Post Town
- Aratojo Castle Historical Park : Hilltop Fortress from the Warring States Era
- Uematsuya Ryokan in Bessho Onsen : Friendly Ryokan in the Center of Bessho Onsen.
- Hanaya in Bessho Onsen : Traditional Japanese Construction Built by Master Craftsmen with Western Accents for a "Taisho Romance" Feel.
- Ueda Mahoroba Youth Hostel in Bessho Onsen : "At-Home" Youth Hostel convenient to Bessho Onsen.
- Saito Hotel in Kakeyu Onsen : Modern High-Rise Onsen Hotel in Kakeyu Onsen.
- Izumiya Ryokan in Reisenji Onsen : Simple Onsen Inn Secluded in the Hills in Reisenji Onsen
- Soba Hojyo-an : Locally Grown and Milled "Homecoming Soba".
- Cafe Levian Table & Tatami-Cafe Eboshi : Artisan Bakery in a Sake Warehouse.
- Ramen Kameya : Feel At Home with Kameya's Locally-Sourced Ramen.
- Daikokuya : Kamiyamada Onsen's Tiny Cafeteria Famous for Their Ramen and Garlic-Sauce Tonkatsu Pork.
- Soba Kaya : Authentic Soba Noodles in an Edo-era Thatched Roof Building.
- Shioda Plain Temple Walk : Take in the Historical Temples around Bessho Onsen with this 1-Day Tour.
- Silk Weaving Experience (Ueda Tsumugi) : Sit at a 100-Year Old Loom and Make Your Own Ueda Silk Weaving.
- Hotto Stay Rural Visit : Rural Lifestyle Mini-Experience.
- Volunteer Guide Tours in Ueda : Have a Volunteer English Guide Show You Ueda's Castle Town!
- Fruit Picking at Kamiyamada's Crown Farm : Eat Fresh Grapes and Apples You Pick Yourself at this Foreigner-friendly, Family-run Orchard in Kamiyamada.