Ueda Mahoroba Youth Hostel in Bessho Onsen : 上田まほろばユースホステル
"At-Home" Youth Hostel convenient to Bessho Onsen.
Cozy, family-style youth hostel located in the pastoral scenery of Bessho Onsen, a convenient 2 hour trip from Tokyo. Bessho Onsen's central district is a 10-minute walk and features inexpensive public bath houses as well as several sites that are national treasures and important cultural properties. Trekking in the nearby mountains is also popular.
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- ¥Lodging 4,000～
- Reservations :
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (Simple English spoken. Sightseeing info available.)
- Room Types :
- Japanese Style(1 room(s)), Western Style(3 room(s))
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
Home cooking lessons available.
Japanese accessory-making lessons also.
Story time about local legends also available.
tel : +81(0)268-38-5229 fax : +81(0)268-38-5229 Official site
- By Train
- From Bessho-Onsen Station(Ueda Dentetsu Bessho Line), 10 min walk
- By Car
- From Ueda Sugadaira IC, via Route 18 Bypass, approx. 30 min.
From Omi IC, 30 min.
- 40-1 Bessho-Onsen, Ueda 386-1431
- Ikushima-Tarushima Shrine : Distinct Vermilion-colored Shrine in Japan's Geographic Center
- Yanagi-Machi Post Town : The Past Meets the Present in Ueda City’s Historical Post Town
- Daio Wasabi Farm : Japan's Largest Wasabi Farm in the Pristine Waters of Azumino
- Aratojo Castle Historical Park : Hilltop Fortress from the Warring States Era
- Unno-juku Post Town : Post Town with Distinctive Architecture and Beautiful Streetscape
- Hanaya in Bessho Onsen : Traditional Japanese Construction Built by Master Craftsmen with Western Accents for a "Taisho Romance" Feel.
- Uematsuya Ryokan in Bessho Onsen : Friendly Ryokan in the Center of Bessho Onsen.
- Saito Hotel in Kakeyu Onsen : Modern High-Rise Onsen Hotel in Kakeyu Onsen.
- Izumiya Ryokan in Reisenji Onsen : Simple Onsen Inn Secluded in the Hills in Reisenji Onsen
- Hotel Platon : City Hotel Amenities at Reasonable Prices with Onsen Baths.
- Soba Hojyo-an : Locally Grown and Milled "Homecoming Soba".
- Cafe Levian Table & Tatami-Cafe Eboshi : Artisan Bakery in a Sake Warehouse.
- Ramen Kameya : Feel At Home with Kameya's Locally-Sourced Ramen.
- Daikokuya : Kamiyamada Onsen's Tiny Cafeteria Famous for Their Ramen and Garlic-Sauce Tonkatsu Pork.
- Soba Kaya : Authentic Soba Noodles in an Edo-era Thatched Roof Building.
- Zazen Meditation -- At Bessho Onsen's Historical Anraku-ji Temple : Attend a Zazen Meditation Session at Bessho Onsen’s Historical Anraku-Ji Temple.
- Shioda Plain Temple Walk : Take in the Historical Temples around Bessho Onsen with this 1-Day Tour.
- Silk Weaving Experience (Ueda Tsumugi) : Sit at a 100-Year Old Loom and Make Your Own Ueda Silk Weaving.
- Volunteer Guide Tours in Ueda : Have a Volunteer English Guide Show You Ueda's Castle Town!
- Hotto Stay Rural Visit : Rural Lifestyle Mini-Experience.