Togakushi Campsite : 戸隠キャンプ場
Camp in an Open Field at the Base of Picturesque Togakushi Mountain.
Located at 1200m above sea level, the campground is spread out over 22ha with Togakushi Mountain towering overhead. Besides being the trailhead for Takatsuma Mt. (selected as one of Japan's Top 100 Mountains), the campground offers a wading area in a natural stream, a dairy ranch, Ninja Center and Forest Reserve nearby. Also in Togakushi is the popular Kids Ninja Village. The drinking water is natural spring mineral water, and camp sites come equipped with electricity and water. Cabins are also available to rent.
- Date(s) :
- In operation daily from late April until early November.
- Check-In :
- Tent sites 08:30, cottages 14:00.
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- ¥1,000- for small (1-2 person) tent
¥2,000- for large (3+ people) tent
¥5,000- for bungalow
¥3,000- for car camp (1 car with tent)
¥9,000- for log cabin
- Reservations :
- See Notes.
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (Only basic English spoken.)
- Area Sightseeing Info :
350 car camp sites (reserations not required),
50 100m2 sites (reservations recommended),
6 6-person cottages (reservations required)
33 5-person log cabins (reservations required),
28 5-person bungalows (reservations required),
8 200m2 sites with water and electricity (reservations recommended)
Cooking and bBq facilities, toilets, hot showers, coin laundry, campfire sites.
At the store: firewood, charcoal, food, drinks, liquor, souvenirs.
Available for rental: tent, tarp, blanket, lantern, bbq grill, pots, knives, dutch oven, etc.
tel : +81(0)26-254-3581 fax : +81(0)26-254-3022 Official site
- By Train
- From Nagano Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), Take the Alpico Bus for Togakushi from platform #7 outside the Zenkoji Exit, and use the Togakushi Campsite stop (approx. 60 min.).
- By Car
- From Shinanomachi IC, 25 min
From Nagano IC, 60 min
- 3694,Oodozawa Togakushi, Nagano 381-4101
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- St. Cousair's Winery & Vineyards : “Country Comfort” Winery and Garden Terrace
- Hokusaikan : Actual Works by Woodblock Print Master Hokusai
- Tsugaike Nature Park : A 1900 meter Altitude Treasure-Trove of Alpine Flowers
- Aratojo Castle Historical Park : Hilltop Fortress from the Warring States Era
- Oumei-tei Tsuji Ryokan : Togakushi Inn Famous for Soba (Buckwheat) Kaiseki Meals
- Yakimochiya : Old 'Kominka' Farmhouse-Styled Thatched-Roof Building Featuring an Irori Hearth.
- Zenkoji Fuchinobo : Temple Lodging along Zenkoji's Main Approach, Famous for Vegetarian Shojin Cuisine.
- 1166 Backpackers at Zenkoji Temple : Small Guesthouse in an Old Temple Neighborhood
- Nagano Shimizuya Ryokan : Traditional Ryokan 5-min Walk from Zenkoji Temple
- Yayoiza : Serving Nagano's Heritage Cuisine at the Entrance to Zenkoji.
- Ogawa-no-sho Daimon Shop : Nagano's Own Oyaki Dumplings Cooked on Coals on a Hearth.
- Monzen Machiya Gallery Juniten : 86-year old Renovated Machiya Near the Entrance to Zenkoji.
- Suyakame Main Store : Original Miso-Based Menu at Zenkoji's Original Miso Maker.
- Restaurant ST. COUSAIR : European-Style Restaurant Overlooking a Field of Wine Grapes.
- Hiking to Togakushi's Giant Cedar Trees : Nature’s Power Awaits You at the Massive Cedar Trees Lining the Path to ‘Okusha’.
- Soba-Uchi (Making Buckwheat Noodles) at Togakushi Tonkururin : Make Soba Noodles by Hand at Buckwheat Mecca Togakushi.
- Boat Cruise of Nojiri Lake : Cruise on Northern Nagano’s Mountain Gem, Nojiri Lake.
- Smelt Fishing at Nojiri Lake : Go Fishing for Smelt on Lake Nojiri.
- Oyaki Dumpling Making at Yakimochiya : Learn How to Make Oyaki Dumplings at the Hearth of this Thatched Roof Farmhouse.