Boat Cruise of Nojiri Lake
Nojiriko Line : 野尻湖定期船会社
Cruise on Northern Nagano’s Mountain Gem, Nojiri Lake.
Nojiri Lake is a picturesque lake surrounded by the Northern Nagano 5 Peaks. Taking a cruise around the lake in the cruise ship "Miyabi" is a quintessential Nagano experience. Enjoy the beautiful natural setting and learn about the lake's fascinating history, both prehistoric and more modern.
Known as one of Japan's Top 3 Places to Escape the Summer Heat, Nojiri Lake has been popular as resort destination of western missionaries living in Japan as evidenced by the Nojiri Lake Association international village and the YWCA camp. The lake's story is even older -- fossils of the mammoth-like Nauman Elephant were discovered in the lake bed (find out more at the Lake Nojiri Naumann Elephant Museum). These are among the stories to be learned on a tour of Nojiri Lake on the cruise ship "Miyabi". The cruise also includes a stop at the mystical Benten Island. All with the stunning visual beauty of the pristine lake surrounded by a deep green forested, with the majestic Northern Nagano 5 Peaks towering in the distance.
- Hours :
- 8:30-17:00, departing at regular intervals
- Date(s) :
- Operates daily from Apr. to Nov. except during bad weather.
- Cost / Price of Admission :
- 950 for adults, 480 yen for children for regular class. 1st Class is extra. Discount for groups of 20+.
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard
- Reservations :
- Not required(not necessary)
- # of Participants :
- Foreign Languages :
- (Limited English signage.)
- Luggage Storage :
Voice guidance during the tour is all in Japanese, but the natural splendor speaks for itself. For those who wish to further explore the lake, there are lots of options: kayak, canoe, paddle boat, swimming, camping, etc. In the winter, ice fishing for 'wakasagi' is popular.
tel : +81(0)26-258-2505 fax : +81(0)26-258-2405 Official site
- By Train
- From Kurohime Station(Kita-Shinano Line), 10 min. by taxi.
- By Car
- From Shinanomachi IC, turn left (north) on to Route 18, right on Route 360. "Line Plaza" will be to the right when you come to the lake.
- 254 Nojiri, Shinano 389-1303
- St. Cousair's Winery & Vineyards : “Country Comfort” Winery and Garden Terrace
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- Hokusaikan : Actual Works by Woodblock Print Master Hokusai
- Nozawa Onsen Sparina : Year-Round Bath House with Onsen Pool
- Matsukawa Gorge : Picturesque River Gorge with 3 Waterfalls and 8 Hot Springs Districts
- Hotel Tangram : All-in-One Resort Hotel Offereing Year-Round Enjoyment
- Togakushi Campsite : Camp in an Open Field at the Base of Picturesque Togakushi Mountain.
- Oumei-tei Tsuji Ryokan : Togakushi Inn Famous for Soba (Buckwheat) Kaiseki Meals
- Guesthouse Obuse : 4-Room Hotel / Tea Shop / Guide Center.
- Vent Vert : French Country-style Auberge in Quaint Obuse
- Restaurant ST. COUSAIR : European-Style Restaurant Overlooking a Field of Wine Grapes.
- Restaurant Kamakura-mura : Winter Fairy Tale-Like Igloo Restaurant.
- Yayoiza : Serving Nagano's Heritage Cuisine at the Entrance to Zenkoji.
- Ogawa-no-sho Daimon Shop : Nagano's Own Oyaki Dumplings Cooked on Coals on a Hearth.
- Monzen Machiya Gallery Juniten : 86-year old Renovated Machiya Near the Entrance to Zenkoji.
- Smelt Fishing at Nojiri Lake : Go Fishing for Smelt on Lake Nojiri.
- Sasazushi at Kajika-tei : Try Northern Nagano’s Iconic Sasa-Sushi and Tomikura Soba at the Landmark Kajika-tei.
- Uchiyama Washi (Japanese Paper) Workshop in Iiyama : Japanese Paper Making Using this Distinct Deep-Snow Country Process.
- Metal Engraving with an Iiyama Master Craftsman : Have One of Iiyama’s Master Craftsmen Show How to Engrave Brass.
- Hiking to Togakushi's Giant Cedar Trees : Nature’s Power Awaits You at the Massive Cedar Trees Lining the Path to ‘Okusha’.