Zenkoji Fuchinobo : 善光寺 淵之坊
Temple Lodging along Zenkoji's Main Approach, Famous for Vegetarian Shojin Cuisine.
Fuchinobo is the most centrally located of Zenkoji's shukubos (temple lodging). Famous for their delicious vegetarian Shojin cuisine, they can also arrange for English-speaking volunteer guides for guests wishing to participate in the O-Asaji morning ceremony.
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Diners, Nicos
- Reservations :
- Required(For telephone calls, only Japanese is spoken.)
- Capacity :
- Room Types :
- Japanese Style(8 room(s))
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
- Not Available
All facilities no-smoking.
Single travelers not accepted.
For groups, rooms are separated men's and women's. Due to limited number of rooms, private rooms may not be available. Toilet and bathing facilities are shared.
tel : +81(0)26-232-3669 (Japanese Only) fax : +81(0)26-235-1836 Official site
- By Train
- From Nagano Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), From platform #1 outside the Zenkoji Exit, take the bus bound for Zenkoji. Get off at the Zenkoji Daimon stop. Walk up the cobblestone street and Fuchinobo will be the 2nd door.
- By Car
- From Nagano IC, 25 min
- 462 Motoyoshi-cho, Nagano 380-0851
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- St. Cousair's Winery & Vineyards : “Country Comfort” Winery and Garden Terrace
- Hokusaikan : Actual Works by Woodblock Print Master Hokusai
- Aratojo Castle Historical Park : Hilltop Fortress from the Warring States Era
- Matsukawa Gorge : Picturesque River Gorge with 3 Waterfalls and 8 Hot Springs Districts
- Nagano Shimizuya Ryokan : Traditional Ryokan 5-min Walk from Zenkoji Temple
- 1166 Backpackers at Zenkoji Temple : Small Guesthouse in an Old Temple Neighborhood
- Nagano Dai-Ichi Hotel : Business Hotel Minutes from Nagano Station, Famous for Free Soba Noodles at Breakfast.
- Hotel Metropolitan Nagano : Full-scale "Grand Hotel" Adjacent to Nagano Station.
- Guesthouse Kura : International Guesthouse in a Renovated Historical House in "Storehouse Town" Suzaka.
- Yayoiza : Serving Nagano's Heritage Cuisine at the Entrance to Zenkoji.
- Ogawa-no-sho Daimon Shop : Nagano's Own Oyaki Dumplings Cooked on Coals on a Hearth.
- Monzen Machiya Gallery Juniten : 86-year old Renovated Machiya Near the Entrance to Zenkoji.
- Suyakame Main Store : Original Miso-Based Menu at Zenkoji's Original Miso Maker.
- Cafe Waraku : Pasta & Pancakes in a 'Kura' Storehouse.
- Learning to Make Oyaki Dumplings Near Zenkoji : Make Oyaki Dumplings at Ogawa Village’s Zenkoji Shop.
- Guided Tour of Zenkoji Temple : Tour the Venerable Zenkoji Temple with the Knowledgeable Bonsho no Kai Volunteers.
- Learn How to Make Miso Paste : Learn How to Make Miso Paste at Nagano City’s Premier Miso-Maker Suyakame.
- Togakure-ryu Ninja Training : Sneak a Peak into the World of Ninjas be a Lesson with a Togakure-do Master!
- Insect Cuisine : Are You Brave Enough to Try a Meal of Insects?