Lake Suwa Geyser Center : 諏訪湖間欠泉センター
Hot Spring Geyser and 7-Spring Craters
Located on the scenic shores of Lake Suwa, this center has a geyser that shoots up 5m high and a crater where 7 separate mineral springs come to the surface. The facility's 2nd floor has an exhibit showing the Lake Suwa area portrayed in film and TV. Also popular is the lakeside footbath with expansive views of the lake and the Japanese Alps in the distance. The footbath is large enough to accommodate 40 people at a time.
- Hours :
- 9:00-18:00(Apr.-Sep.) 9:00-17:00(Oct.-Mar.)
- Date(s) :
- Open year-round
- Entrance Price :
- Time Required :
- 1 hour
- Reservations :
- Not required
- Capacity :
- Luggage Storage :
- Not Available
Geyser demonstration times: 09:30, 11:00, 12:30, 14:00, 15:30,
17:00 (from Apr. to Sep.)
tel : +81(0)266-52-8282 fax : +81(0)266-52-8277 Official site
- By Train
- From Kamisuwa Station(JR Chuo Line), 10 min walk
- By Car
- From Suwa IC, 10 min (4km)
- 2-208-90 Kogan-dori, Suwa 392-0027
- Katakurakan Bath House : Historical Roman-themed Bath House
- Suwa Taisha(Grand Shrine) Shimosha Akimiya : One of the four Grand Shrines of Suwa, Featuring an Ancient 800-Year Old Tree and Colossal Straw Rope
- Honjin Iwanami-ke Museum : Edo-Era Traveler's Lodge with the Nakasendo's Best Garden
- Suwa Garasunosato (Glass Center) : Japan's Largest Glass Art-Related Activities Center
- Suwa Grand Shrine Kamisuwa Honmiya (Main Hall) : Historical Shrine of the Great Pillars Festival
- Hotel Beniya at Lake Suwa : Hotel Offering a Choice of Rooms, Meals and Onsen Baths.
- Aburaya Ryokan at Lake Suwa : Lakeside Onsen Hotel Known for Friendly Hospitality.
- RAKO Hananoi Hotel at Lake Suwa : Luxurious, Relaxing Lakeside Hotel.
- Chosenkaku Kameya in Shimo-Suwa : 300-Year Old Inn With Famous Garden and Bath, Adjacent to Akinomiya Suwa Grand Shrine.
- B&B Megu House ZuKu in Suwa : Stay with the Itoh Family at their Typical Japanese House.
- Restaurant CLASUWA : Suwa Lakeside Stylish Restaurant.
- Sen no Mizu : Heart-warming Nostalgic Home-style Cooking.
- Say (Soan Annex Zama) in Nakamachi : Soan's Location in Matsumoto's Historical Nakamachi District.
- Ajari Cafe : Home of the Popular Ajari Burger.
- Marumo : Folkcraft-themed Coffee Shop for Coffee Enthusiasts.
- Sake Tasting at the Venerable Masumi Brewery : Sample Sake at Nagano’s Premier Brewery, Birthplace of Yeast Number Seven.
- Watchmaking : Assemble a Watch in Suwa, the Switzerland of Japan.
- Lake Suwa Fireworks Display : Watch Nagano’s Biggest Fireworks Displays (One of the Most Famous in Japan).
- Music Box Workshop : Discover the Wonders of Music Boxes
- Wintertime Family Fun at a Snow Park : Exclusive Snow Park 1 Minute Walk from this Shirakaba Lake Hotel.