Restaurants - Casual Japanese
Karuizawa Torimikura : 軽井沢 鶏味座
Poultry Restaurant boasting Local-Sourcing and Local-Cuisine.
Featuring a style of cooking called Shinshu Yamaudo (roughly translates as "Nagano Mountaineers", the restaurant offers menu items using locally-raised game fowl, fresh eggs picked that morning, locally-grown trout and of course produce sourced locally. Rice is nearby Saku's magical 'Koshihikari Gorobei' variety. Depending on the season, wild mountain plants, mushrooms, duck, pheasant, quail,wild boar and other gibier can be enjoyed. Especially famous is their "Ultimate Oyako-don Bowl" with chicken (parent, or "oya") and egg (child, or "ko") over rice.
- Hours :
- 11:00-15:00 17:00-22:30
- Date(s) :
- Open year-round (Closed irregularly)
- Average Price :
- Lunch 1,080-1,680 Dinner 4,500-5,000
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Others(JCB)
- Reservations :
- Reservations accepted.
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- (English menu will be available soon.)
- Seating Style :
- Chairs(44 seat(s))
tel : +81(0)267-41-6898 fax : +81(0)267-41-6898
- By Train
- From Karuizawa Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), 24 min walk or 15 min by Bicycle
- By Car
- From Usui-Karuizawa IC, 20 min
- Berujure Karuizawa 1F, 1146-1,Karuizawa,Karuizawa,389-0102
- Sightseeing Spots
- Karuizawa Prince Shopping Plaza : Vast Outlet Shopping Mall in Nagano’s Great Outdoors
- Kyu-Karuizawa : The Iconic Main Street of Old Karuizawa.
- St. Paul Catholic Church : Romantic Chapel Vestige of Karuizawa’s Missionary Roots
- Shaw Memorial Church : Oldest Church in Karuizawa Memorializing the Resort Town’s Founding Father
- Former Mikasa Hotel : Karuizawa's Landmark Japanese-built “Western” Hotel
- Places of Lodging
- Candytuft : Small, Family-run Pension in the Heart of Sylvan Karuizawa.
- Karuizawa's Cottage inn Log-Cabin : Log Cabin in the Woods -- Best Way to Enjoy Karuizawa's Nature.
- Karuizawa Prince Hotels : More Than Just a Place to Stay, a Myriad of Activities to Enjoy.
- Hoshinoya Karuizawa : “Discover the Ultimate Japan Experience”
- Takamine Onsen "Lamp Inn" : Romantic “Oil Lamp”-themed inn located at 2000 m featuring a panoramic “Above-the-Clouds” Bath.
- Karuizawa Meiji-tei : Unbearably Delicious Sauce Katsu-don.
- Sekisyo-Chaya : Japanese Eatery Close to Karuizawa Sta. with Fresh Fish Straight from the Sea of Japan, Local Poultry and Wide Variety of Sake.
- Sasa : Popular Soba and other Japanese Dishes at Reasonable Prices.
- Shabu-shabu Log-tei : Wagyu dining in Karuizawa's forest.
- Akaneya Coffee : Cafe Where Every Menu Item is an Original.
- Glass Blowing in Karuizawa : Try a New Experience While Visiting Nagano – Glassblowing!
- Curling Lesson 60 : Try Your Hand at Curling at Japan's Largest Year-Round Curling Center.
- Flying Squirrel Watching Tour : Twilight Forest Walk to See Flying Squirrels.
- Jam-Making and Jam Factory Tour : Learn How to Make Jam From a Professional
- Onsen-by-Cable-Car: Hishino Onsen Tokiwakan : Ride a Cable Car up to Tokiwakan’s Panorama Onsen Baths.