Wintertime Family Fun at a Snow Park
Ikenotaira Hotel & Resort Snow Park : 白樺リゾート池の平スノーパーク
Exclusive Snow Park 1 Minute Walk from this Shirakaba Lake Hotel.
From the hotel, walk next door to the ski lift and go skiing or snowboarding at the resort's exclusive ski area. The kids snow park has a myriad of sleds to try -- perfect for showing young children snow for the first time. The area boasts a high percentage of sunny days (80%!) and perfect powder snow.
- Hours :
- Date(s) :
- Snow Park operates daily from late Dec. to late Mar.
- Cost / Price of Admission :
- 1-Day Lift Pass ¥3,000 for adults, ¥2,500 for children and seniors.
- Reservations :
- Not required
- Foreign Languages :
- English, Chinese, Cantonese (English map and brochure as well as English-speakign staff available.)
- Luggage Storage :
tel : +81(0)266-68-2100 fax : +81(0)267-55-6369 Official site
- By Train
- From JR Chuo Line, 50 minutes by bus. Take Alpico's bus bound for Shirakaba Lake and Kurumayama Mtn.(白樺湖・車山高原), get off at the Higashi-Shirakaba-Ko (東白樺湖) stop.
For access using the Nagano Shinkansen, from Sakudaira Station 80 minutes by bus.
- By Car
- From Suwa IC, 30 min (23km).
From Saku IC, 50 min (40km).
- Shirakaba-ko, Chino 391-0301
- Kita Yatsugatake Ropeway : Travel Through the Rarefied Air Of Northern Yatsugatake Mtn. in a 100-person Ropeway Car
- Lake Suwa Geyser Center : Hot Spring Geyser and 7-Spring Craters
- Katakurakan Bath House : Historical Roman-themed Bath House
- Honjin Iwanami-ke Museum : Edo-Era Traveler's Lodge with the Nakasendo's Best Garden
- Suwa Taisha(Grand Shrine) Shimosha Akimiya : One of the four Grand Shrines of Suwa, Featuring an Ancient 800-Year Old Tree and Colossal Straw Rope
- Ikenotaira Hotel & Resort at Shirakaba Lake : Full-scale Family Resort Offering a Hassle-Free Stay.
- Tateshina Tokyu Hotel : Classic, Luxury Hotel Perfect for Enjoying the Tateshina Wilderness.
- Resort Hotel Tateshina : Resort Hotel on the Shores of Tateshina Lake Surrounded by Forests at the Foot of Mt.Yatsugatake.
- Auberge Tsutsuji to Kaede in Tateshina : Auberge Restaurant-Inn featuring an open-air onsen bath.
- Hotel Saginoyu at Lake Suwa : Classic Luxury at Suwa's Original Lakeside Hotel, with Distinct Amber-Colored Onsen Water.
- Restaurant CLASUWA : Suwa Lakeside Stylish Restaurant.
- Sen no Mizu : Heart-warming Nostalgic Home-style Cooking.
- Soba Hojyo-an : Locally Grown and Milled "Homecoming Soba".
- Teisyaba Garden : Tea Time in a Community Flower Garden.
- Ishii Miso Restaurant : Limited Availability (10 Servings per Day) Miso-based Lunch Straight from the 'Kura' (Maker).
- Outdoor Family Fun at a Lakeside Amusement Park : Amusement Park and Adventure in the Great Outdoors Beside Shirakaba Lake.
- Visit to Nagato Ranch Dairy Farm : Make Ice Cream, Butter and More at this Working Dairy Farm.
- Sake Tasting at the Venerable Masumi Brewery : Sample Sake at Nagano’s Premier Brewery, Birthplace of Yeast Number Seven.
- Music Box Workshop : Discover the Wonders of Music Boxes
- Outdoor sculptures : See Spectacular Artwork in a Spectacular Mountaintop Setting.