Restaurants - Soba
Sasa : 日本料理と蕎麦 冴沙
Popular Soba and other Japanese Dishes at Reasonable Prices.
Featuring colorfully presented course meals and thinly-cut handmade soba made from Karuizawa-grown buckwheat. For Sasa's best, try the premier "Sasa-zen" course. Other courses as well as a la carte menu also available.
- Hours :
- 11:30-15:00 17:30-21:00
- Date(s) :
- Open daily in Aug. For other months, closed Wednesdays.
- Average Price :
- Reservations :
- Not required
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- (Menus available in English, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.)
- Seating Style :
- Floor Seating(8 seat(s)) : Chairs(30 seat(s))
Entire restaurant can be rented out. Can open on scheduled days off -- contact in advance.
tel : +81(0)267-31-5053
- By Train
- From Karuizawa Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), 20 min walk or 3 min by taxi
- By Car
- From Usui-Karuizawa IC, 15 min
- 1058-16,Karuizawa,Karuizawa, Kitasaku,389-0102
- Sightseeing Spots
- Karuizawa Prince Shopping Plaza : Vast Outlet Shopping Mall in Nagano’s Great Outdoors
- Kyu-Karuizawa : The Iconic Main Street of Old Karuizawa.
- St. Paul Catholic Church : Romantic Chapel Vestige of Karuizawa’s Missionary Roots
- Shaw Memorial Church : Oldest Church in Karuizawa Memorializing the Resort Town’s Founding Father
- Former Mikasa Hotel : Karuizawa's Landmark Japanese-built “Western” Hotel
- Places of Lodging
- Karuizawa Prince Hotels : More Than Just a Place to Stay, a Myriad of Activities to Enjoy.
- Candytuft : Small, Family-run Pension in the Heart of Sylvan Karuizawa.
- Karuizawa's Cottage inn Log-Cabin : Log Cabin in the Woods -- Best Way to Enjoy Karuizawa's Nature.
- Hoshinoya Karuizawa : “Discover the Ultimate Japan Experience”
- Mountainside Tokiwakan in Komoro : Ride a Cable Car to an Above-The-Clouds Outdoor Onsen Bath.
- Karuizawa Meiji-tei : Unbearably Delicious Sauce Katsu-don.
- Sekisyo-Chaya : Japanese Eatery Close to Karuizawa Sta. with Fresh Fish Straight from the Sea of Japan, Local Poultry and Wide Variety of Sake.
- Karuizawa Torimikura : Poultry Restaurant boasting Local-Sourcing and Local-Cuisine.
- Akaneya Coffee : Cafe Where Every Menu Item is an Original.
- Shabu-shabu Log-tei : Wagyu dining in Karuizawa's forest.
- Glass Blowing in Karuizawa : Try a New Experience While Visiting Nagano – Glassblowing!
- Curling Lesson 60 : Try Your Hand at Curling at Japan's Largest Year-Round Curling Center.
- Flying Squirrel Watching Tour : Twilight Forest Walk to See Flying Squirrels.
- Jam-Making and Jam Factory Tour : Learn How to Make Jam From a Professional
- Onsen-by-Cable-Car: Hishino Onsen Tokiwakan : Ride a Cable Car up to Tokiwakan’s Panorama Onsen Baths.