Sen no Mizu : みそ茶屋「千の水」
Heart-warming Nostalgic Home-style Cooking.
Lake Suwa's Marutaka has been making miso for a century The main building is an old farmhouse moved to this location 100 years ago. Menu features dishes using Marutaka's miso. Miso, miso-pickled vegetables and miso-based confections available at the store shop.
- Hours :
- Lunch 11:00-14:00 Cafe 11:00-16:00
- Date(s) :
- Closed Mondays (unless a holiday in which case closed the following day).
- Average Price :
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex
- Reservations :
- Not required(Reservations required for groups.)
- Capacity :
- Seating Style :
- Floor Seating(12 seat(s)), Chairs(18 seat(s))
tel : +81(0)266-52-4033 fax : +81(0)266-52-5312 Official site
- By Train
- From Kami-suwa Station(JR Chuo Line), 10 min walk
- By Car
- From Suwa IC, 15 min
- 1-8-30 Takashima, Suwa 392-0022
- Katakurakan Bath House : Historical Roman-themed Bath House
- Lake Suwa Geyser Center : Hot Spring Geyser and 7-Spring Craters
- Suwa Garasunosato (Glass Center) : Japan's Largest Glass Art-Related Activities Center
- Suwa Taisha(Grand Shrine) Shimosha Akimiya : One of the four Grand Shrines of Suwa, Featuring an Ancient 800-Year Old Tree and Colossal Straw Rope
- Honjin Iwanami-ke Museum : Edo-Era Traveler's Lodge with the Nakasendo's Best Garden
- RAKO Hananoi Hotel at Lake Suwa : Luxurious, Relaxing Lakeside Hotel.
- Aburaya Ryokan at Lake Suwa : Lakeside Onsen Hotel Known for Friendly Hospitality.
- Hotel Beniya at Lake Suwa : Hotel Offering a Choice of Rooms, Meals and Onsen Baths.
- B&B Megu House ZuKu in Suwa : Stay with the Itoh Family at their Typical Japanese House.
- Chosenkaku Kameya in Shimo-Suwa : 300-Year Old Inn With Famous Garden and Bath, Adjacent to Akinomiya Suwa Grand Shrine.
- Restaurant CLASUWA : Suwa Lakeside Stylish Restaurant.
- Say (Soan Annex Zama) in Nakamachi : Soan's Location in Matsumoto's Historical Nakamachi District.
- Ajari Cafe : Home of the Popular Ajari Burger.
- Marumo : Folkcraft-themed Coffee Shop for Coffee Enthusiasts.
- Kurassic-kan : Coffee Shop in a Storehouse Built in 1888, With a Japanese Garden.
- Sake Tasting at the Venerable Masumi Brewery : Sample Sake at Nagano’s Premier Brewery, Birthplace of Yeast Number Seven.
- Lake Suwa Fireworks Display : Watch Nagano’s Biggest Fireworks Displays (One of the Most Famous in Japan).
- Watchmaking : Assemble a Watch in Suwa, the Switzerland of Japan.
- Music Box Workshop : Discover the Wonders of Music Boxes
- Wintertime Family Fun at a Snow Park : Exclusive Snow Park 1 Minute Walk from this Shirakaba Lake Hotel.