Lake Suwa Fireworks Display
Suwa City Lakeside Park : 諏訪市湖畔公園
Watch Nagano’s Biggest Fireworks Displays (One of the Most Famous in Japan).
One of Japan's largest fireworks display on the picturesque setting of Lake Suwa with the Alps in the background. Held every year on 15-Aug.
Half a million people descend upon the Lake Suwa area every year on August 15th for one of the largest pyrotechnic shows in all of Japan. 40 thousand fireworks light up the night, reflecting on the surface of Lake Suwa with the sound reverbrating off the surrounding mountains.
- Sekicho Park seating is wheelchair accessible. Attendant required. (Attendant must purchase a ticket, too.)
- Hours :
- Date(s) :
- Takes place annually on 15-Aug.
- Cost / Price of Admission :
- Same-day tickets for the 5,500-seat Kyu-Higashi Baru lakeside viewing are 1,000.
- Time Required :
- 2 Hours
- Reservations :
- Not required(Same-day tickets go on sale from 8:00.)
- Luggage Storage :
- Not Available
Expect huge crowds and large delays with transportation. For accommodation, book early.
Besides the main fireworks display on August 15th, there is a "New Fireworks" competition by creative pyrotechnicians on the first Saturday of September, as well as 15-minute small shows scheduled from late July until August 31st.
Pictures courtesy of the Suwa Regional Tourism Federation.
tel : +81(0)266-52-4141 諏訪市役所 Official site
- By Train
- From Kamisuwa Station(JR Chuo Line), Take exit no. 2 and walk west 500m to the lake (normally 8 min.)
- By Car
- From Suwa IC, Go left (north) on Route 487 until you come to a "T" (Route 50 / Kowan-dori). Turn right and the park will be on the left. (6.5km, normally 15 min.)
- 1～5-chome Kohan-dori, Suwa City 392-0027
- Suwa Garasunosato (Glass Center) : Japan's Largest Glass Art-Related Activities Center
- Suwa Taisha(Grand Shrine) Shimosha Akimiya : One of the four Grand Shrines of Suwa, Featuring an Ancient 800-Year Old Tree and Colossal Straw Rope
- Lake Suwa Geyser Center : Hot Spring Geyser and 7-Spring Craters
- Honjin Iwanami-ke Museum : Edo-Era Traveler's Lodge with the Nakasendo's Best Garden
- Katakurakan Bath House : Historical Roman-themed Bath House
- RAKO Hananoi Hotel at Lake Suwa : Luxurious, Relaxing Lakeside Hotel.
- Chosenkaku Kameya in Shimo-Suwa : 300-Year Old Inn With Famous Garden and Bath, Adjacent to Akinomiya Suwa Grand Shrine.
- Hotel Beniya at Lake Suwa : Hotel Offering a Choice of Rooms, Meals and Onsen Baths.
- Aburaya Ryokan at Lake Suwa : Lakeside Onsen Hotel Known for Friendly Hospitality.
- B&B Megu House ZuKu in Suwa : Stay with the Itoh Family at their Typical Japanese House.
- Restaurant CLASUWA : Suwa Lakeside Stylish Restaurant.
- Sen no Mizu : Heart-warming Nostalgic Home-style Cooking.
- Ajari Cafe : Home of the Popular Ajari Burger.
- Say (Soan Annex Zama) in Nakamachi : Soan's Location in Matsumoto's Historical Nakamachi District.
- Au Crieur de Vin : Casual French Cuisine.
- Watchmaking : Assemble a Watch in Suwa, the Switzerland of Japan.
- Music Box Workshop : Discover the Wonders of Music Boxes
- Sake Tasting at the Venerable Masumi Brewery : Sample Sake at Nagano’s Premier Brewery, Birthplace of Yeast Number Seven.
- Fruit Picking at a Full-Scale Orchard in Shiojiri : Large-Scale Orchard Boasting Magical Varieties of Grapes.
- Wintertime Family Fun at a Snow Park : Exclusive Snow Park 1 Minute Walk from this Shirakaba Lake Hotel.