Chosenkaku Kameya in Shimo-Suwa : 聴泉閣かめや
300-Year Old Inn With Famous Garden and Bath, Adjacent to Akinomiya Suwa Grand Shrine.
Kameya's history dates back over 300 years to when it was the Honjin (primary inn) of the Shimo-Suwa post town. As such, it has hosted princesses and shoguns as they made the trek between Kyoto and Edo (present-day Tokyo) during the Edo era. Known as "Kameya" since the beginning of the 20th century, many literary greats such as Shimazaki Toson have fallen in love with the inn and stayed here while working on their writing. Guests can see the raised dais used by dignitaries and bath in the historical "Nishiki no Yu" bath, as well as enjoy the kaiseki-style dinner carefully prepared by the inn's head chef, and the staff's heartfelt service.
- Around the lobby area.
- Only in the new wing. One step at the entrance to the guestrooms.
- reservation is needed
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex
- Reservations :
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (Simple English spoken.)
- Room Types :
- Japanese Style(9 room(s))
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
- Not Available
Elevator in the new wing only.
tel : +81(0)266-75-0161 fax : +81(0)266-78-7110 Official site
- By Train
- From Shimosuwa Station(JR Chuo Line), 20 min walk or 5 min bus or taxi
- By Car
- From Okaya IC, via Route 20, 10 min.
- 3492 Yokomachi-kinoshita, Shimosuwa, Suwa 393-0019
- Honjin Iwanami-ke Museum : Edo-Era Traveler's Lodge with the Nakasendo's Best Garden
- Suwa Taisha(Grand Shrine) Shimosha Akimiya : One of the four Grand Shrines of Suwa, Featuring an Ancient 800-Year Old Tree and Colossal Straw Rope
- Lake Suwa Geyser Center : Hot Spring Geyser and 7-Spring Craters
- Katakurakan Bath House : Historical Roman-themed Bath House
- Okaya Silk Museum “Silk Fact Okaya” : Silk Museum Adjacent to an Actual Operating Silk Factory
- Hotel Beniya at Lake Suwa : Hotel Offering a Choice of Rooms, Meals and Onsen Baths.
- Aburaya Ryokan at Lake Suwa : Lakeside Onsen Hotel Known for Friendly Hospitality.
- RAKO Hananoi Hotel at Lake Suwa : Luxurious, Relaxing Lakeside Hotel.
- B&B Megu House ZuKu in Suwa : Stay with the Itoh Family at their Typical Japanese House.
- Hotel Saginoyu at Lake Suwa : Classic Luxury at Suwa's Original Lakeside Hotel, with Distinct Amber-Colored Onsen Water.
- Restaurant CLASUWA : Suwa Lakeside Stylish Restaurant.
- Sen no Mizu : Heart-warming Nostalgic Home-style Cooking.
- Say (Soan Annex Zama) in Nakamachi : Soan's Location in Matsumoto's Historical Nakamachi District.
- Ajari Cafe : Home of the Popular Ajari Burger.
- Marumo : Folkcraft-themed Coffee Shop for Coffee Enthusiasts.
- Music Box Workshop : Discover the Wonders of Music Boxes
- Watchmaking : Assemble a Watch in Suwa, the Switzerland of Japan.
- Lake Suwa Fireworks Display : Watch Nagano’s Biggest Fireworks Displays (One of the Most Famous in Japan).
- Sake Tasting at the Venerable Masumi Brewery : Sample Sake at Nagano’s Premier Brewery, Birthplace of Yeast Number Seven.
- Wintertime Family Fun at a Snow Park : Exclusive Snow Park 1 Minute Walk from this Shirakaba Lake Hotel.