Say (Soan Annex Zama) in Nakamachi : 草庵座間・中町Say
Soan's Location in Matsumoto's Historical Nakamachi District.
Local wines and craft beers, with cuisine reflecting Nagano's distinct 4 seasons. Located in an old earthen-walled 'kura' storehouse, featuring a 10cm-thick 6-m long solid slab wood counter. Guests enjoy each others's company over the glowing coals.
- Hours :
- 11:30-14:00 17:30-22:00
- Date(s) :
- Closed irregularly
- Average Price :
- Lunch +1,300 Dinner +3,000 and various dishes
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex
- Reservations :
- Not required
- Foreign Languages :
- English (English menu available.)
- Seating Style :
- Floor Seating(20 seat(s)), Chairs(40 seat(s))
3 stores to serve you. Soan, Say and Tenjin. All 3 stores feature locally-grown ingredients and prepared in traditional Japanese fashion.
tel : +81(0)263-36-3023 fax : +81(0)263-88-5149 Official site
- By Train
- From Matsumoto Station(JR Shinonoi Line), 10 min on foot. Or by bus, take the Town Sneaker Higashi (East) Course to the Kurassi-kan-mae stop, then 1 min on foot.
- By Car
- From Matsumoto IC, via Route 158 and Route 143, approx. 10 min.
- 3-2-9 Chuo, Matsumoto 390-0811
- Matsumoto City Museum of Art : Museum Featuring Works by Matsumoto's Favorite Daughter, World-Famous Yayoi Kusama.
- Nakamachi Street in Matsumoto City : Matsumoto's Commercial Street with Distinctive Black & White Contrasting Storehouses
- Nawate Dori (street) in Matsumoto City : Frog Street -- Matsumoto's Edo Era-themed Shopping Street
- Matsumoto Castle (National Treasure) : One of Japan's Finest Castles, With the Japanese Alps as a Backdrop
- Daio Wasabi Farm : Japan's Largest Wasabi Farm in the Pristine Waters of Azumino
- Matsumoto's Nunoya Ryokan : Wooden Inn in Central Matsumoto, Featured in Lonely Planet
- Matsumoto's Ryokan (Hotel) Marumo : "Dozo" Storehouse-styled Inn Steeped in Matsumoto's Castle Town Ambience.
- Matsumoto's Hotel Buena Vista : Matsumoto's Landmark City Hotel.
- Matsumoto Hotel Kagetsu : Hotel with Japanese Accents in the Heart of Matsumoto.
- Matsumoto Marunouchi Hotel : Hotel Located Steps from Matsumoto Castle in the City's Historical and Cultural Heart.
- Kurassic-kan : Coffee Shop in a Storehouse Built in 1888, With a Japanese Garden.
- Marumo : Folkcraft-themed Coffee Shop for Coffee Enthusiasts.
- Hikari-ya Higashi : Fine Japanese Dining in a Stylishly Remodeled 130-Year-Old Storehouse.
- Hikari-ya Nishi : Macrobiotic Fine French Dining in a Remodeled 120-Year Old Storehouse.
- Bakery Cafe SWEET in Nawate : Matsumoto's Old-Time Bakery Cafe.
- Ishii Miso Factory : Matsumoto’s Famous Maker of Aged Miso
- Seiji Ozawa Matsumoto Festival : Hear World-renowned Musicians from across the Globe Perform in Matsumoto.
- Crafts Fair Matsumoto : Browse Japan’s Premier Outdoor Arts & Crafts Fair.
- 'Temari' Handball Workshop : A Symbol of Matsumoto, Make a Temari Ball as a Momento of your Stay.
- Soba Noodle Making in Matsumoto : Make (then Eat!) Soba at this Premier Noodle Shop 2 Minutes from Matsumoto Castle.