Guesthouse Kura : ゲストハウス蔵
International Guesthouse in a Renovated Historical House in "Storehouse Town" Suzaka.
Suzaka thrived with silk production during the Edo era, with many of the original earthen-walled "kura" warehouses still existing to this day. Guesthouse Kura honors that history and provides guests a chance to experience staying in a 100-year old residence that they carefully renovated into a dorm-style backpackers accommodation. Guests can meet and share stories with other globetrotters as well as locals in the common room. Japanese lessons available upon request -- fees apply.
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- ¥Dormitory style beds separated mens and womens from 3000; 2-person private rooms from 7000 for the room.
- Credit Cards :
- Reservations :
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- Room Types :
- Japanese Style(3 room(s))
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
*Lodging only (meals not provided)
*Bicycle rental available for a small fee.
*PC, iPad rental (free)
tel : +81(0)26-214-7945 fax : +81(0)26-214-7946 Official site
- By Train
- From Suzaka Station(Nagano Dentetsu Nagano Line), Go straight up the road that leads to the left from the station. Turn right at the Harukimachi-Minami intersection. Will be on the right after the 2nd stoplight. 15 min on foot.
- By Car
- From Suzaka Nagano East IC, Turn right off the ramp and proceed towards central Suzaka, approx. 15 min.
- 39 Suzaka, Suzaka 382-0086
- Hokusaikan : Actual Works by Woodblock Print Master Hokusai
- St. Cousair's Winery & Vineyards : “Country Comfort” Winery and Garden Terrace
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- Matsukawa Gorge : Picturesque River Gorge with 3 Waterfalls and 8 Hot Springs Districts
- Aratojo Castle Historical Park : Hilltop Fortress from the Warring States Era
- Vent Vert : French Country-style Auberge in Quaint Obuse
- Guesthouse Obuse : 4-Room Hotel / Tea Shop / Guide Center.
- Sugadaira Kogen Onsen Hotel : Sport (Ski, Rugby) and Relaxation Onsen Resort.
- Nagano Dai-Ichi Hotel : Business Hotel Minutes from Nagano Station, Famous for Free Soba Noodles at Breakfast.
- Zenkoji Fuchinobo : Temple Lodging along Zenkoji's Main Approach, Famous for Vegetarian Shojin Cuisine.
- Soba Agare-ya : Stone-milled Soba Eaten Around a Hearth.
- Cafe Waraku : Pasta & Pancakes in a 'Kura' Storehouse.
- Restaurant ST. COUSAIR : European-Style Restaurant Overlooking a Field of Wine Grapes.
- Ogawa-no-sho Daimon Shop : Nagano's Own Oyaki Dumplings Cooked on Coals on a Hearth.
- Monzen Machiya Gallery Juniten : 86-year old Renovated Machiya Near the Entrance to Zenkoji.
- Edo Bento & Gardens at the Tanaka Residence : Eat as a Wealthy Edo-Era Merchant Did with Tanaka House’s Re-Created Edo Bento.
- Obuse's Half Marathon : Quirky Half-Marathon in the Quaint Town of Obuse.
- Zazen Meditation -- With a German Priestess at Horakuan : Practice Zazen Meditation with Guidance in English or German in Suzaka.
- Ice Skating at M-Wave : Feel Like an Olympic Speedskater at M-Wave’s Olympic Ice Rink.
- Nakano Clay Doll Painting : Paint Your Own Artistic Nakano Clay Doll.