Shimaya Ryokan : 島屋
Renowned Heartfelt Friendly Service Proudly Providing True Japanese Ryokan Hospitality.
Highly-rated Japanese inn close to the Jigokudani Wild Monkey Park with free shuttle service to the trailhead. Guests are encouraged to walk back from the park enjoying the classic atmosphere of Shibu Onsen and its 9 public baths. Local craft beer and wine offered with dinner.
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex
- Reservations :
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- Room Types :
- Japanese Style(12 room(s))
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
tel : +81(0)269-33-2151 fax : +81(0)269-33-2152 Official site
- By Train
- From Yudanaka Station(Nagano Dentetsu Nagano Line), 8 min walk (300m). Pick-service available.
- By Car
- From Shinshu-Nakano IC, 15 min (15km)
- 3075 Hirao, Yamanouchi, Shimotakai 381-0401
- Matsukawa Gorge : Picturesque River Gorge with 3 Waterfalls and 8 Hot Springs Districts
- Hokusaikan : Actual Works by Woodblock Print Master Hokusai
- St. Cousair's Winery & Vineyards : “Country Comfort” Winery and Garden Terrace
- Nozawa Onsen Sparina : Year-Round Bath House with Onsen Pool
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- Ryokan Biyu no Yado : Located in the heart of Yudanaka Onsen, Convenient to the Snow Monkeys.
- Yorozuya : Landmark Yudanaka Onsen Ryokan with Famous Momoyama Bath and Historical Shoraiso Building
- Uotoshi Ryokan in Yudanaka : Ryokan with a Kyudo (Japanese Archery) Range.
- Yudanaka Seifuso : Family-run Traditional Ryokan 2-min from Yudanaka Station with Private Onsen Bath and WiFi.
- Kokuya in Shibu Onsen : Sukiya (Tea House)-Style Ryokan Founded 400 Years Ago, Close to Jigokudani Wild Monkey Park.
- Chanko Cuisine Tamaya : Reasonably-Priced Healthy "Chanko" Stews.
- Enza café & ramen enza : A stylish café and ramen restaurant located at the trail head leading to the Snow Monkey Park
- Soba Agare-ya : Stone-milled Soba Eaten Around a Hearth.
- Cafe Waraku : Pasta & Pancakes in a 'Kura' Storehouse.
- Cafe Satowa : New Style 'Michi-no-Eki' Road Station Serving Breakfast, too.
- Try Your Hand at Kyudo (Japanese Archery) : Experience Kyudo, Japan’s Spiritual Version of Archery.
- Onsen-Hopping at Shibu Onsen : Soak in Shibu Onsen’s 9 Public Baths for Good Luck.
- Nakano Clay Doll Painting : Paint Your Own Artistic Nakano Clay Doll.
- Photographing Japanese Macaques in the Wild : Observe Japanese Monkeys Up-Close in Their Natural Habitat
- Obuse's Half Marathon : Quirky Half-Marathon in the Quaint Town of Obuse.