Sightseeing Spots - Sightseeing
Karuizawa Prince Shopping Plaza : 軽井沢・プリンスショッピングプラザ
Vast Outlet Shopping Mall in Nagano’s Great Outdoors
Shop for top international brands in this resort shopping mall with spectacular views of the towering Mt. Asama in the distance. Everything from luxury fashions to sportswear and interior goods. 240+ shops and restaurants. Within walking distance from Karuizawa Station.
- Hours :
- 10:00-19:00 (Varies by season)
- Date(s) :
- Closed irregularly
- Entrance Price :
- Entrance is free (parking costs extra)
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex
- Reservations :
- Not required
- Foreign Languages :
- (Shop Guide in English, Chinese (simplified and traditional), and Korean.)
- Luggage Storage :
- Not Available
Some stores do not accept credit cards. Coin lockers available.
tel : +81(0)267-42-5211 fax : +81(0)267-42-5166 Official site
- By Train
- From Karuizawa Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), From the Minami-Guchi South) exit, 3 min on foot.
- By Car
- From Usui-Karuizawa IC, 12.5km (usually 14 min)
- Karuizawa,Karuizawa, Kitasaku,389-0102
- Sightseeing Spots
- Kyu-Karuizawa : The Iconic Main Street of Old Karuizawa.
- St. Paul Catholic Church : Romantic Chapel Vestige of Karuizawa’s Missionary Roots
- Shaw Memorial Church : Oldest Church in Karuizawa Memorializing the Resort Town’s Founding Father
- Former Mikasa Hotel : Karuizawa's Landmark Japanese-built “Western” Hotel
- Shiraito Waterfall : 70 meter-Wide Sylvan Waterfall
- Places of Lodging
- Karuizawa Prince Hotels : More Than Just a Place to Stay, a Myriad of Activities to Enjoy.
- Candytuft : Small, Family-run Pension in the Heart of Sylvan Karuizawa.
- Karuizawa's Cottage inn Log-Cabin : Log Cabin in the Woods -- Best Way to Enjoy Karuizawa's Nature.
- Hoshinoya Karuizawa : “Discover the Ultimate Japan Experience”
- Takamine Onsen "Lamp Inn" : Romantic “Oil Lamp”-themed inn located at 2000 m featuring a panoramic “Above-the-Clouds” Bath.
- Karuizawa Meiji-tei : Unbearably Delicious Sauce Katsu-don.
- Sekisyo-Chaya : Japanese Eatery Close to Karuizawa Sta. with Fresh Fish Straight from the Sea of Japan, Local Poultry and Wide Variety of Sake.
- Sasa : Popular Soba and other Japanese Dishes at Reasonable Prices.
- Akaneya Coffee : Cafe Where Every Menu Item is an Original.
- Karuizawa Torimikura : Poultry Restaurant boasting Local-Sourcing and Local-Cuisine.
- Glass Blowing in Karuizawa : Try a New Experience While Visiting Nagano – Glassblowing!
- Curling Lesson 60 : Try Your Hand at Curling at Japan's Largest Year-Round Curling Center.
- Flying Squirrel Watching Tour : Twilight Forest Walk to See Flying Squirrels.
- Jam-Making and Jam Factory Tour : Learn How to Make Jam From a Professional
- Onsen-by-Cable-Car: Hishino Onsen Tokiwakan : Ride a Cable Car up to Tokiwakan’s Panorama Onsen Baths.