Sightseeing Spots - Sightseeing
Kyu-Karuizawa : 旧軽銀座
The Iconic Main Street of Old Karuizawa.
The original Ginza is Tokyo’s upscale shopping district. Karuizawa’s version is the main shopping street in Old (“Kyu-“) Karuizawa. The lively street is lined with shops selling a wide variety of local specialty products. Take a step off the main street onto some of the quiet side streets, and you will discover small chapels and summer homes in forested settings as well as memorials to local famous scholars.
- Hours :
- Business hours vary by shop.
- Date(s) :
- Days vary by shop.
- Entrance Price :
- No cost to window shop.
Telephone number is for the Karuizawa Tourism Center
tel : +81(0)267-42-5538 Karuizawa Tourism Hall(軽井沢観光会館)
- By Train
- From Karuizawa Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), From the Kita-Guchi (north) exit, take the Kusa-Karu Bus from platform #4 (Loop Bus, Inner Route), Kyukaruizawa stop, approx. 5 min. Or on foot, approx. 25 min.
- By Car
- From Usui-Karuizawa IC, 20 min
- Karuizawa Tourism Center 470-3,Karuizawa,Karuizawa, Kitasaku,389-0102
- Sightseeing Spots
- St. Paul Catholic Church : Romantic Chapel Vestige of Karuizawa’s Missionary Roots
- Shaw Memorial Church : Oldest Church in Karuizawa Memorializing the Resort Town’s Founding Father
- Karuizawa Prince Shopping Plaza : Vast Outlet Shopping Mall in Nagano’s Great Outdoors
- Former Mikasa Hotel : Karuizawa's Landmark Japanese-built “Western” Hotel
- Shiraito Waterfall : 70 meter-Wide Sylvan Waterfall
- Places of Lodging
- Karuizawa Prince Hotels : More Than Just a Place to Stay, a Myriad of Activities to Enjoy.
- Candytuft : Small, Family-run Pension in the Heart of Sylvan Karuizawa.
- Karuizawa's Cottage inn Log-Cabin : Log Cabin in the Woods -- Best Way to Enjoy Karuizawa's Nature.
- Hoshinoya Karuizawa : “Discover the Ultimate Japan Experience”
- Takamine Onsen "Lamp Inn" : Romantic “Oil Lamp”-themed inn located at 2000 m featuring a panoramic “Above-the-Clouds” Bath.
- Akaneya Coffee : Cafe Where Every Menu Item is an Original.
- Sekisyo-Chaya : Japanese Eatery Close to Karuizawa Sta. with Fresh Fish Straight from the Sea of Japan, Local Poultry and Wide Variety of Sake.
- Karuizawa Meiji-tei : Unbearably Delicious Sauce Katsu-don.
- Karuizawa Torimikura : Poultry Restaurant boasting Local-Sourcing and Local-Cuisine.
- Sasa : Popular Soba and other Japanese Dishes at Reasonable Prices.
- Glass Blowing in Karuizawa : Try a New Experience While Visiting Nagano – Glassblowing!
- Flying Squirrel Watching Tour : Twilight Forest Walk to See Flying Squirrels.
- Curling Lesson 60 : Try Your Hand at Curling at Japan's Largest Year-Round Curling Center.
- Jam-Making and Jam Factory Tour : Learn How to Make Jam From a Professional
- Onsen-by-Cable-Car: Hishino Onsen Tokiwakan : Ride a Cable Car up to Tokiwakan’s Panorama Onsen Baths.